"Emilio, you idiot!" - Lily

Zayde and Eli were both ready to take control, and Kaden and Emilio were on full alert.

Kaden sniffed the air, just now noticing the sound of another heart beat. He looked around the clearing, spotting a movement to the left, he pushed Emilio behind him slightly.

"Who's there?" He said in a commanding voice.

Kaden felt Emilio grip the back of his shirt, "Be careful, please!" Emilio whimpered quietly into his side.

Kaden realized, that he was still holding Emilio's side and squeezed to let him know that he heard and would.

"Emilio, we know this scent. But why is it here? Did she follow us so she can betray us again?" Eli said sounding confused. Emilio watched as a young girl stepped out of the trees.

"Who are you?" Kaden asked, snarling at her. She stepped back, making Kaden pause and take a few steps forward moving into a defensive position.

"I don't have to tell you, vampire." The girl said with a scowl, making Kaden snarl. Emilio looked harder at the girl, her voice sounded familiar. "Who are you hiding there, vampire? Your dinner?"

Kaden looked ready to pounce. "Wait!!!" Emilio said, panicking. Gripping Kaden's arm harder before he could pounce.

Kaden didn't look at him, but he did growl quietly at him, "Let go, Sweetheart, you yourself said that us vampires can get protective of their stuff. And I haven't given this trespasser permission to be on my territory, let alone say such things about you."

Emilio had to smirk at the nickname and how protective Kaden already was, but said in a serious voice responded, "But I know her. She was a friend..."

Kaden interrupted him, again, responding low enough that the girl couldn't hear, "Yeah, was! She shouldn't be here. Plus she is human and I haven't feed in a week. And she is getting on my nerves. So, if you know her tell her to leave!"

Emilio felt Eli shiver in delight at the tone. Emilio said loud enough that the girl could hear, "Hey, Lily."

The girl stepped back again but this time she had stepped back in shock. "Emilio! What the... what are you doing with a vampire?!?!" She shouted, the sound of her voice echoing around the meadow.

Kaden immediately grabbed Emilio and pulled him farther into the meadow, now looking at the forest in panic.

"Emilio, Eli, whatever your name is, get in the house! Now, and I will deal with her. No, I won't hurt her. Just calmly go to the house, lock the door behind you, and whatever you do stay away from the windows. No watching! Do you hear! Now go, I'll be with you in a minute!" Kaden commanded, in a calm and quiet but stern tone that left no room for argument.

Emilio, thinking back to what he saw in the forest, did as he was told, calmly going into the fortress like house and locking the door as he was told.

Kaden's POV

Kaden made sure to listen to Emilio's steps to the house, and waited until he heard the click of the lock to look away from the forest and back at this Lily person that Emilio knew.

"I don't like her! She hurt Eli!" Zayde said with distaste. 'I know I heard it too. But he still cares for her and even if we don't like her, we can't leave her out here.'

Zayde heard the truth in what Kaden said. "Yeah. I know. But that doesn't mean I have to like it." Zayde said. Kaden smirked, leaving Zayde to his whining, he took a careful step toward Lily.

Lily took a step back, not noticing the careful glances the stranger was making toward the forest around him and her. Kaden noticed this and he had to make sure that she got to safety.

"Sorry. I don't mean to scare you but you need to trust me that you want to follow him into the house. You don't want to be out here for much longer. I will stay out here but you need to go. And calmly, without any noise. Now!"
He said, letting a little fear and panic seep into his voice so she would listen.

"How do I know I can trust you?" She said loudly, not following his command to be quiet.

Lily's POV

Lily saw the man flinch at how loud she was, but she didn't care. She wasn't gonna let him capture her too.

Then she saw his eyes grow wide looking into the forest behind her. "Now!" He alpha commanded her, "Use the door right there, lock it. And no looking behind you, or coming back out until I say your safe to. Go!"

Lily couldn't stop herself from moving. She moved, silently to the door he had motioned to. Opening it she stepped in and locked the door.

Lily looked around, she seemed to be in a kitchen. Walking to the door on the other side of the room, she saw that she was at the end of a hallway.

Looking back at the door she had come through, Lily walked carefully down the hall, looking in every doorway that she came across that wasn't locked. When she got to the third from last she found what seemed to be the entrance to the house.

'Now, I just have to find that idiot. Why did Emilio trust him so quickly, it took even me at least a year to get him to trust me. And he ran. Why did he run?' She thought, looking through a door.

Seeing Emilio, she sighed in relief, than saw what he was doing, "Emilio, you idiot!"