𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 54: 𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑣𝑠. 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒

Start from the beginning

"Have you seen him since then?" He asked. I gulped and took a deep breath. "Yes, Henry, I've seen him, but-" I started.

"Did you two ever do anything? Anything during our relationship?" He asked quietly, almost afraid to hear my answer. My heart was beating rapidly in the chest. My mouth laid open, as I tried to find the right words. I thought about what happened after the fight at the LaRusso house...

Henry took my silence as my answer, and started to chuckle sadly, trying to hold back the tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Please, just hear me out-"

"What was I to you? Was I..." His voice broke.

"Was I just a game for you? A rebound? Something to fuck to get your mind off of him?" He asked, tears falling from his eyes now.

"No! It was never like that!" I yelled, hurt that he would ever think that. "Henry, I like you." I said, walking closer to him. He chuckled again.

"See, that's the problem... You just liked me while I loved you."

Henry started walking backwards away from me. I stared at him in silence. I was speechless. "We're done." He announced quietly, before turning around fully and walking away completely.

I watched Henry walk away, but I didn't chase after him. I wondered why my body didn't immediately start running forward to stop him from leaving.

Maybe it was because I was tired. Maybe it was because I didn't want to make things worse... Maybe it was because he was right.

I didn't love him as I should. Perhaps letting him walk away was the best things for both of us. Henry is one of the sweetest people I've ever encountered.

He deserves better. He deserves love. He deserves the unconditional love. The kind that never falters. The kind that stays forever.

Henry is the perfect guy.

Just, maybe not the perfect one for me...

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I decided to go to the dojo early today.

No one else was there when I arrived. I grabbed my bag and walked to the back of the dojo. I set my bag down and grabbed my earbuds. I played my favorite playlist on my phone and stuck the earbuds in my ears.

First, I did some stretches to warm up a bit. We always start with stretches. But, since no Sensei was here telling me what to do, I practiced what I wanted to after that.

I decided to practice my combos. I walked up to the punching bag, quietly singing along to the song playing in my earbuds. I threw two punches to the bag, then a spinning back kick, followed by a roundhouse. I switched it up every now and then.

I continued practicing by myself while I listened to my music.

☞︎ HAWK'S POV ☜︎

Will no one trust me again?

I know I've done something bad to everyone in the dojo. If I could take it all back, I would in a heartbeat. These are good people. They didn't deserve any of it.

But why won't they believe me when I tell them that? I'm trying my best to apologize and make everything normal again, but not everyone is accepting it. Simply apologizing is not going to do anything, though.

Y/n's words from a while back played in my head:

Just a simple sorry isn't gonna cut it. I need to see some real change.