Chapter 12

At Tony's request, Sydney followed her big brother into the jail where the man from earlier had been held. Since the girl was an agent, Tony decided to let her do the talking. "We ran his prints. We got nothing back, not even a name." One of the agents said as they made their way to the cell.

"Where are we going?" Sydney asked and the agent pointed at a door.

"Over there. We're not even sure he speaks English. He hasn't said a word since he got here."

"5 minutes." Tony said and the door opened, letting the 2 Starks walk inside the cell as the door got shut behind them. While Sydney walked over to the man, Tony stayed at the door, watching her sister talk to him.

"I'm Agent Stark... But you might knew that already." Sydney started as the man looked in her eyes. "Who are you?"

"Ivan Vanko." The man replied.

"Okay, Ivan, quiet a show you pulled there. Great suit, pretty decent tech. You could have sold it to North Korea, China, Iran or gone onto the black market." The brunette continued.

Ivan had a creepy smile on his face and looked at Sydney and Tony. "You both come from a family of thieves and butchers." Ivan laughed. "And now, like all guilty men, he tries to write his own history." Ivan said, pointing at Tony. "And both of you forget all the lives the Stark family has destroyed."

"Speaking of thieves." Tony spoke up, stepping a little closer to the man. "Where did you get this design?"

"My father, Anton Vanko."

"Well, we never heard of him." Sydney said.

"My father's the reason your brother is alive." Ivan said.

"The reason i'm alive is 'cause you had a shot, you took it, you missed." Tony said.

"Did i? If you can make God bleed, the people will cease to believe in him. And there will be blood in the water. And the sharks will come. The truth, all i have to do is sit here and watch as the world will consume you." Ivan said, as he looked at Tony.

"Where will you be watching the world consume me from?" Tony asked, using his sarcasm. "That's right. A prison cell. I'll send you a bar of soap." The man said and stood up as he walked back to the door.

"You know your brother's dying, right?" Ivan said and Sydney looked confused at the man before looking at her brother, who looked down at his feet. The man let out a chuckle. "I guess you didn't know... You know, palladium in the chest, painful way to die."

Tony didn't say anything anymore as he just left the cell and was quickly followed by his sister. "Why didn't you tell me?" The brunette silently spoke up and Tony stopped walking as he looked back at his sister. "You knew you were dying and you didn't even tell me... So, this whole, 'you're the new CEO of Stark Industries' was just because you're about to die and intead of telling me like a normal brother, you decided to keep it a secret? When did i have to find out?"

"I was going to tell you-"

"When?" Sydney cut her brother off as tears started to form in her eyes. "A day before you died, or did i have to find out the moment you were already dead? Does Pepper know about this?" Without saying a word Tony shaked his head and Sydney gasped a little, before she took a deep breath in and wiped her tears. "Welll, you better tell her before i do."

Without saying another word Sydney walked away towards the plane. She didn't even bother to say hello to Pepper as she went to a small room to sit alone.

----

The minute the 3 of them got home, Tony went to his workspace, not saying a word to Sydney as she and Pepper started calling their clients. Nat came to help them and Sydney wondered if the redhead also knew that her brother was dying.