Chapter 01

"Tony Stark, visionary, genius, American patriot. Even from an early age, the son of a legendary weapondeveloper Howard Stark, quickly stole the spotlight with his brilliant and unique mind. At age 4, he built his first circuit board. At age 6, his first engine. And at age 17, he graduated summa cum laude from MIT. Then, the passing of a titan. Howard Stark's lifelong friend and ally, Obadiah Stane, steps in to help fill the gap left by the legendary founder, until at the age of 21, the prodigal son returns and is anointed the new CEO of Stark Industries." The voice-over said as pictures and video's showed up from the Stark Industries. "With the keys to the kingdom, Tony ushers in a new era for his father's legacy, creating smarter weapons, advanced robotics, satellite targeting. Today, Tony Stark has changed the face of the weapons industry by ensuring freedom and protecting America and her interests around the globe."

While people kept applauding, the spotlights shined on Rhodey as he walked up the stage. "As liaison to Stark Industries, i've had the unique privilege of serving with a real patriot. He is my friend and he is my great mentor. Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to present this year's Apogee Award to Mr. Tony Stark." The man said and the crowd applauded, however, Tony didn't walk on stage. Rhodey looked at Sydney who didn't know where her brother was as she shrugged in response. After a moment, the brunette stood up and walked on stage, taking the award. "Thanks for saving me." Rhodey replied with a smile.

Sydney took a deep breath in before she spoke up, "As you can see, i'm not my brother Tony Stark." She said and a few people let out some chuckles. "But if, i were Tony, i would tell you how honored i feel and what a joy it is to receive this very beautiful award. Thank you."

The crowd applauded as the girl followed Rhodey towards the place her brother was... The casino. "You are unbelievable." Rhodey said as the duo walked over to Tony who almost kissed a woman. The man groaned in frustration as he turned his head towards his sister and his friend.

"Oh no! Did they rope you into this?" Tony asked, looking at his sister as she shaked her head. "Nobody roped me into anything." She replied.

"They told me that, if i presented you with an award, you'd be deeply honored." Rhodes said.

"Of course i'll be deeply honored. And it's you, that's great. So, when do we do it?" Tony asked.

"It's right here." Sydney sighed as she handed the award to her brother. "Here you go."

"There it is. That was easy." Tony said as he asked to play another round. "I'm so sorry." He said sarcastically, noticing the look on Rhodey's face.

"Yeah, it's okay."

"Well, would you look at that?" Tony said as he handed his award to the lady next to him. "That's something else. I don't have any of those floating around."

----

After a while Sydney, Tony, Rhodes and Happy are leaving the casino.

"This is were i exit." Rhodes said as he shaked Tony's hand. "Tomorrow, don't be late."

"Yeah, you can count on it." Tony said as Rhodes walked away.

"I'm serious!" He yelled before he left the Starks and Happy. "Render unto Caesar, that which is Caesar's." Tony said as he handed his award to a man who potrayed Julius Caesar. "There you go."

Sydney playfully rolled her eyes as they walked outside the building. They walked towards a limousine and before Tony got in, a news reporter stopped him.

"Mr. Stark!" Tony, Sydney and Happy turned their heads into the voice its direction. "Christine Everhart. Vanity Fair magazine. Can i ask you a couple of questions?" A blonde woman asked.