Call me Crazy

The soft voice of Taylor Swift woke me gently. I felt warm and a bit drowsy from sleep. I lay there in bed thinking about her song. You're not sorry maybe isn't the best choice of song if you are looking for romance. But I wanted to be called baby. I wanted to have someone feel for me. Honey.... I longed for someone besides my mom to call me that. I let out a long breath and slowly sat up. The air was warm and tasted a bit wierd but that was California for you. My room walls were a nice cool blue, just like a clear ocean. My room was small but cozy. A small desk in the corner stacked with binders, notebooks, and folders. My bed was centered on one wall with the door in front of it on the opposing wall. My closet was small but held my clothes, it was right next to my desk. A nice white Victorian style dresser was near my door. It held most of my jeans and other things. I moved so my feet were flat on the floor. Like always I left my iPod continue to play Taylor Swift songs as I got ready.

  There was a box on my dresser. I slowly approached it and saw on top of the box in my brother Cal's handwriting was my name: Sarina. I pulled off the top and saw a note. I picked it up and read it quickly

'Squirt,

      Saw this and thought you would look pretty in it.

                  Cal'

  It was odd and nice of him I pulled out a pair of black flats, a mini dark wash blue jean skirt, a cream colored undershirt, and a pink hollister shirt. I checked all the tags, they all said hollister. I put on the outfit and decided I would wear it no matter what I looked like in it. I put some of my binders, notebooks, and folders into my backpack. I walked out of my room down the hall past Cal's room and into the bathroom. I dropped my backpack gently outside the bathroom and went in to finish getting ready. I was staring at myself on the mirror and all I could see was a bland girl in nice clothes.

  BANG BANG BANG. I jumped slightly grabbing my heart with one hand and opened the door with the other. There stood my fantastic looking older brother.

"Grab your iPod it's still playing in your room. Get out of the bathroom loser I need to brush." well he may have done something nice but he was still my big brother.

  I quickly got out and ran back into my room to grab my forgotten iPod. I got my iPod and snatched my phone off my desk. I got my bag from outside the bathroom and shuffled into the kitchen and sat down at the small table. I just sat there as my mother walked in and got herself some coffee. She turned and smiled at me.

"Hi honey, please eat something."

  My mother thought I was too skinny. She constantly worried about my weight. My brother wallked in and put four pieces of toast in the toaster. We were all silent as the toast toasted. My mother was nothing super special but she had a quaint beauty. Nice blonde hair, it was short and welcoming. She had warm greenish blue eyes. She was a bit plump and had bad style but that was mostly because we were poor. She was 5'3 so she wasn't too short. My brother on the other hand was one of the best looking guy in our town and probably our whole state. Tall 6'2 to be exact. Cute blonde hair, gorgeous bright blue eyes. He was captain of our football team and was very strong. He dressed awesomely. He has a job and it paid good money. I felt like scrap paper compared to the two.

  I was brought back to reality as the toast popped. My brother put two pieces in front of me. I was about to say no but was cut off.

"Your like a friggin stick figure, eat!" he got quieter so mom wouldn't hear "You worry her so just eat squirt."

  I took a bite and my mom smiled at me. She kissed our cheeks goodbye and told us not to wait up. She worked a lot so she could support us. I loved my mom. She loved us both dearly but was not around much. She was our only parent so my brother practically raised me. I know we loved eachother on some level but we weren't to the open eye. Hell the only time we got close it left as soon as it came. His phone rang and he answered