27|| Interrogation at its Finest

Start from the beginning

"You know damn well you weren't about to say just the obvious Kayla."

Kayla went still for a second then groaned, falling backwards onto the bed, "Gimme a break, Sophie, you were missing for two whole days, I thought the man went and carted you off to a private island or something-!"

Sophia's eyebrows shot up. She remembered the itinerary she had the fortunate of glimpsing on days before and found that it wasn't out of the question for Elijah to do something similar. Sophia however, pursed her lips and kept that part to herself as Kayla continued.

"–I didn't think you'd be back this soon...especially looking like this."

Sophia gasped, "You -You're abusing the fuck out of that key, I distinctively remember it being only for emergencie-"

Kayla cut her off with another loud grown that sounded more like a seal dying on a shore, "You know how lonely my place gets when there's no one to warm my bed, have a heart my good sis."

Sophia ignored her and continued with a roll of her eyes, "You speak as if you're short of them, which I know you're not."

Kayla made a face, "It gets boring after a while."

"I'd imagine," Sophia huffed, going back to her hair.

Kayla make a sound at the back of her throat then looked away, only to turn her head right back with a look of realization. "HEY! Dont steer the conversation away! Were talking about you here," she lifted a hand to poke Sophia.

Sophia hurriedly dodged the womans acrylic nails before it stabbed her.

"You, and that sexy, strong man of yours." Kayla continued, her smile coming right back.

Sophia controlled herself to not hide her face behind her hands.

"Sooo," Kayla began again, clasping her hands together and leaning her head on it, "How was it? -Wait don't answer that, it already clear how good it was." Kayla sighed, staring at Sophia in the same way that one would do to their lovable child that grew up. With motherly pride.

Sophia found it laughable. It was funny because she was the older one in this situation. Those few months before Kayla's mattered.

Kayla leaned closer as if she wanted Sophia to hear her every word, "You're literally glowing," she wiped away a few imaginary tears, "Oh lord I should've had the foresight to drag Seong over here by his neck. Our girl is being treated right."

Sophia listened as Kayla continued with her rant, more tongue-tied than anything else. She couldn't deny it, not one bit. The soreness in her legs aside, this was the best and most relieved she'd ever felt in years.

And this was coming from Sophia who sometimes frequented those spas when Kayla decided to hop into whatever freetime she had off work the past few months.

"-And no offense girl but it looks like you got your shit rocked, like...I saw God for a few seconds, died and went to heaven type of glow, believe me, I know these things."

Sophia pursed her lips. Sometimes she truly wondered if Kayla had ate and was digesting a parrot on the regular. Still, she still couldn't deny, again and was left to sigh under Kayla's very accurate deductions.

When she gave up and nodded in response to Kaylas claims, Kayla jumped up, as dramatic as ever, and did not stop her hopping and small squeals until a few seconds passed. Sophia couldn't help the laugh that rose from her gut after seeing the grown woman act like a teenager all over again. Kayla hadn't changed one bit.