S E V E N T Y N I N E

♡♡♡

may 10th, 2020
5 weeks before the return of football

Natalia was completely unaware that Declan had walked into their home gym with all intentions of doing his morning training, but the second he let his eyes sit upon her figure that was on the pull-up bar, he turned right back around and disappeared. 

It had been like this for days, constantly ignoring one another, Raffa being confused as to why his parents weren't being all lovey-dovey like they always were. Neither of them knew how to apologise to one another, it started off as a simple disagreement but it soon turned into the worst argument they'd had since they got together.

"Well I don't know, you seem pretty close to Jesse." Declan shrugged as he looked at his girlfriends face.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Talia scoffs, sitting up to look at him.

"Well what are you gonna do if he tries to do an Iggy on you? You certainly won't push him away, you seem to like him a lot more than me." He continued, glancing at her to see a look of disbelief on her face. 

"So you're allowed to be close friends with Summer and Lorelai but the two guys I've been friends with since I was a kid I'm suddenly not allowed to be friends with because you're insecure? Ohhh, I see how it is, you've got double standards." Talia looks at him, furrowing her eyebrows as she stood up from the sofa to leave the room.

"It's completely different." Declan replies.

"No, no, nope, no it's not." Talia calls as she leaves the living room.

It didn't take them long until they were having a shouting match, Natalia defending herself from the indirect accusation that she would cheat on Declan and Declan simply defending himself from the fact he was wrong and he didn't want to admit it.

Talia continued with her workout as normal, earphones in blasting an odd array of music, ranging from Elton John's 'Your Song' to Peter Andre's 'Mysterious Girl.' Her mind was focused on training, only stopping to take a drink and have a quick cuddle with Raffa before getting back to it.

She sighed deeply when she finished up, checking the time on her Apple Watch before she collected all of her things and walked out of the gym. Declan was halfway through his own workout in the living room when she walked in, leaning against the door frame to admire her boyfriend.

"I can see you staring at me in the reflection of the TV, you know." Declan speaks up, turning his head to look at her but she'd already disappeared. He sighed deeply as he continued with his workout, occasionally stopping to look around the bottom floor of the house to see where Natalia had gone.

"Nat?" He called out, worried she'd just left the house without saying anything.

"Natttt." He calls again, this time stopping everything to take a proper look around. He could feel the panic rising inside of him as he looked everywhere, not realising that she and Raffa were in the backgarden sunbathing.

"Raffa." He hears her squeal, racing downstairs and through to the backgarden where she was playing with him.

"Oh thank god." Declan sighed in relief as she looked at him. Before he could say anything, he felt a cold spritz of water hit him in the stomach, his girlfriend smiling mischievously as she held the hose in her hand.

A water fight ensued between the pair, both of them dripping and freezing cold with Raffa spinning around with excitement that they were finally talking to one another. Talia laughed as Declan picked her up in a rather soggy hug, pressing a kiss to the top of her head whilst Raffa went crazy in front of them.

Once he let go of her, she took herself and Raffa upstairs for a warm shower whilst he cleaned up the mess they'd made in the garden, eventually going inside to wipe himself down with a towel. Talia came back down with Raffa wrapped in a towel, smiling at Declan who simply smiled in response, walking over to her to give her a kiss.

She decided to play with him, moving the dog into his face when he leant down so he kissed Raffa instead of her, pulling away instantly and shaking his head at her. Natalia giggled, moving a hand through her wet hair as he took the dog from her and put him down.

"Stop doing that and kiss me." Declan complains as she moves away again.

"Give me one good reason why." Talia responds, raising an eyebrow at him.

"If you don't then I'll cry?" Declan replies, wrapping his arms around her waist as she pretends to think about it. She nods rather discreetly, but Declan caught it, taking this as an opportunity to lean down and kiss her slowly.

Her arms wrapped around his neck with a smile, his pulling her further into his body so her chest was flush with his. His fingers held onto her tanned skin like his life depended on it, surely creating marks to last a week or two from how tight his grip really was.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles into the kiss, opening his eyes to look into hers, forehead resting against his.

"I'm sorry too." Talia whispers back. Declan smiles against her, pressing a few loving kisses to the skin on her collar bone before he picks up her thighs, wrapping her legs around his waist. She laughs, keeping her arms wrapped around his neck as he walks them into the living room and plops them down onto the sofa.

"I love you." Declan hums, resting his head on her thighs.

"I love you too."

She hums softly as he flicks through the countless films on Netflix, nearly falling asleep as her hands run through his grown-out hair, eventually scratching his beard which sent him off to dreamland completely.

He seriously couldn't be more in love with a person if he tried.

♡♡♡