T W E N T Y N I N E

♡♡♡

july 17th, 2018
manchester, england

Natalia sighed deeply as she let her head read against the steering wheel of her Volkswagen Polo, hair falling to shield the sides of her face as she braces herself to go inside and see her family. She knew that Sophie and Molly would be more than happy to see her face when she walked through the door, but having to face her Dad and Emma wasn't going to be fun.

She sucked in a deep breath, quickly answering a message from Declan before she got out of her car and locked it behind her, using her old house key to get into her childhood home. Sophie and Molly were at school for the morning, so she told her dad she would pick them up as a surprise for them both.

Emma was quick to saunter into the hallway when she heard the door shut, her eyes scanning her stepdaughter in a rather disgusting way before she huffed and walked back to the kitchen. Talia didn't even notice her, too busy undoing the shoelaces on her trainers to actually take in the surroundings of her old home.

It felt cold for some reason, it felt empty and cold, and she couldn't explain why. When she stood back up straight she could immediately notice that every single trace of her was gone, from the pictures of her at Carrington to pictures of her participating in the 2017 Europa League with United, they were all gone.

Bits and bobs she'd made in art class in primary school or awards she'd gotten for being 'the best in class' at Carrington were all gone too, and it was replaced with posh decorations she knew her dad would never buy. Every single trace that Talia lived here was gone in 6 months, possibly even less time considering she hadn't been home since she joined West Ham.

She tucked her hair behind her ear as she moved her shoes to the side, quickly messaging Iggy to see if her best friend was okay before she ran upstairs to find her dad. Even more things of hers had been replaced, the huge photo that Gary had of the 2008 Champions League win of him and Talia with the trophy wasn't there anymore, probably stuffed away somewhere in the attic.

"Natalia?" He calls out as she walks into what was her old room, now an office for Emma to work from home in.

She stayed quiet as she looked around, leaning against the wall for a moment as he trailed upstairs to see where she was and what she was doing. Just as he was about to say hi and hug her, her phone started ringing in her hand and she answered with no hesitation.

"Talia oh my days, okay, I need your help." Iggy speaks.

"What've you done?" Talia asks, fingers pinching the bridge of her nose and she squeezes her eyes shut.

"I may or may not have gotten stuck in a baby swing on the park and neither of my brothers are helping me get out." Iggy admits, listening to Talia burst into laughter at the statement.

"Alright, alright, I'll come save you." Talia shakes her head. She slams the door to her old bedroom shut and looks at her dad with a fleeting glance, shaking her head at him as she raced downstairs and got her shoes back on.

It took her 15 minutes to walk to the park and another 20 to get Iggy out of the swing, the two girls laughing their arses off whilst Isabella's brothers Joe and Kieran laughed at how idiotic the pair of them were. Once she knew Isabella was okay, she walked back them back to their house before she walked further down the street to her Dad's house.