Chapter four.

The rest of the week went by quickly. I’m starting to be able to find my way around, which is awesome. I’m also really enjoying spending time with Johnny, Katie, Miles and Mary. Though Mary still doesn’t like me, I think she actually despises me more now than at the beginning of the week. The gang never muted their excitement when I was around.

            Sam however, seems to be getting frustrated that I never left Johnny’s group for him. I think he thought that I would get tired of them. Or maybe just choose him over Johnny. However, I am going to remain friends with both of them. So, he needs to get over it.

            Anyways, today is Saturday and it is four O’clock, which means it’s almost time to head to Katie’s. I am all packed and sitting on my bed with nothing to do. I couldn’t see Sam today because he was going over one of his friend’s houses or something. That left me to be excited and nervous all day.

            I’m nervous because it’s the first time I’m going to see my new friends outside of school. People are usually different out of school. Also, I was nervous to see Johnny. The past week he has spent as much time with me as possible. He also usually separates us from the group. Talking to me while Katie and Miles bicker; leaving Mary to text on her phone and stand there awkwardly. So, I was nervous. What if we got separated from the group at Katie’s house and it got awkward. Or, what if he tried to kiss me; my cheeks turn red and I press a hand to my stomach that just began to twist. That wasn’t going to happen. I’ve known him for under a week.

            Deciding that I needed something to do I pull out Twilight, I only have two chapters left so I could probably finish and give Katie back her book tonight. I lie on my bed, which feels good on my back, which has been bothering me.

            Fifty minutes later I hear Tom yell down the hall. “Summer, you ready to go?”

            I finish the last sentence of the book and close it. That was perfect timing. “Yeah,” I yell back. “Be right there.”

            He yells that he’s going to be in the car and I grab my stuff. A sleeping bag and my pillow and then my back pack was filled with clothes and toiletries for tomorrow. 

Like always I take one more glimpse of myself in the mirror. I decided to go with a pair of blue jeans, a purple tank top layered over with a black shirt so that the purple stuck out at the top, black flats and a hoodie. I decided the outfit would blend in to the dark well if we did play man hunt like Johnny said we would.

I walk out of my room and see Pickles lying in the hallway. I lean down to scratch behind one of her ears before I leave the house. I lock the door behind me and then run to the car. With all my stuff in the backseat I sit in the front. The car ride over is mostly silent. Tom tells me that if I want to come home at any time then to call and they’ll come get me.

            When we get there he pulls into the driveway and as he puts the car into park he whistles. “Nice bike,” He says it mostly to himself.

            I step out of the car and see a motorcycle parked a few feet in front of us. I grab my stuff from the back seat and wave to Tom as I walk up to the house. He waits until Katie opens the door before leaving.

            “Hey, Summer. I’m so excited you came.” She waves to Tom who is pulling out before she tugs me into the house and shuts the door. “Johnny and Miles are already here, Mary is running late.”

            I point behind me as we walk into the living room. “Who’s bike? Is that your parents?”

            She laughs but a male voice answers. “No, it’s mine.” I look over to see Johnny looking amused. I blush, of course it’s his. The question of could he get any hotter had been answered. Yes, he can because he has a motorcycle. That he rides. Like a badass I'm sure.