I pulled out of the parking lot, heading to this little sandwich shop that we both loved. I could kill for a turkey melt right now. I haven't eaten since breakfast, and that was hours ago. I would turn on some music, but it wouldn't be long before I got out.

After a short ride, I finally pulled up to the sandwich shop. I pulled into the little parking lot and parked. I grabbed my purse and slid my Macbook under the passenger seat—so glad baby got this illegal ass tent—and popped open the armrest, grabbing my heat before stepping out of the truck, my purse slung over my shoulder. I hit the locks and made my way inside.

The line was short, and I thanked God. About a minute or two later, I was making my way to the counter. I scanned the menu like I didn't know what I wanted. "Lemme have an Italian club with everything on it except tomatoes and a Cajun turkey melt with a lil mayo, pepper jack cheese, vinegar and oil, banana peppers, and red onions. With two dill pickles."

I placed my order and walked towards the back to get us something to drink. I grabbed a bag of hot Cheetos for me, a bag of salt and vinegar kettle chips for Sav, and pulled out two strawberry gatorades from the freezer along with two waters. By the time I made it back to the front, my order was ready. I set everything on the counter so he could ring everything up and pulled a fifty from my wallet. I told him to keep the change and grabbed my bag before heading out the door.

On my way out, I bumped into someone and sighed. I gotta stop walking with my head down, but I'm just glad I ain't drop the food. I was about to apologize until I recognized who it was. I rolled my eyes, stepping around—walking away.

"Sonni wait!"

I snatched my wrist away and turned around, plastering a frown on my face. I don't even know why she thought being bold and grabbing me was a good idea. "Emani, touch me again and watch as I shoot you."

I let my eyes rake over her body and shook my head once they landed on her stomach. She was really pregnant, and honestly? It wasn't hard to believe. I stared at her before walking away towards the parking lot. We don't have anything to discuss, and it's going to stay that way. I'm happy, and I don't backtrack. She should've done right by me.

I pulled the driver's side door open and hopped in, placing the food bag on the floor and my purse in the seat. I pushed the start button and pulled out to see her still standing on the sidewalk. I rolled down the window and smirked, just to be petty. I waved as I drove off. I busted out laughing, rolling the window up. "Sonni girl, you're a fool."

Traffic was bad around noon and I hated it, but it didn't take me long to arrive at Savion's office. I cruised through the plaza looking for a park. Damn, everybody had appointments today or what? Finally, coming up on an empty spot, I pulled up and used the camera to reverse in. I straightened the wheel and made sure I had enough room to get out before grabbing everything. I hopped out and hit the locks. I pulled my gray leggings up and headed for the entrance.

"Oh my god! Hey, Sonni!"

I looked up and smiled. Sav's receptionist, Aniyah, was so sweet. She was a sophomore at Rutgers, Savion's alma mater, and she's been interning and working here since she was a freshman. Her story wasn't all that great, but I won't say too much because it is her story to tell. "Hey, baby! Come here and give me a hug."

I embraced her as we rocked back and forth. Had I known she was working today, I would've brought her some food as well. She was literally the little sister I always wanted. "How you been, baby? I know it's been a minute since I've seen you, so I'm going to take you shopping and get your nails done on Saturday."

"Ooo okay. I've been meaning to talk to you about something anyway."

I nodded my head as I reached into my purse, pulling out whatever bill I could get my hands on. It was a hundred dollar bill. I shrugged my shoulder and passed it to her. "Go get you some lunch, baby. Tell another receptionist that Savion said cover for you."