3

It's been exactly two days since Xavier sprung his secret on Sonni, bringing us to the end of the week, which is Sonni's off day

It's been exactly two days since Xavier sprung his secret on Sonni, bringing us to the end of the week, which is Sonni's off day. After she got off work yesterday morning, she cleaned her two thousand square-feet loft from top to bottom. It's been a minute since she's been able to just deep clean because of her hours.

It was currently a little after noon and Sonni was in the kitchen preparing her small Sunday dinner that consisted of: fried cabbage, baked chicken, honey butter cornbread, and yams with a red velvet cake made from scratch for dessert. Although she lives on the east coast, her Southren roots came from her late grandma, Evelyn.

Standing at the sink, Sonni gave the chicken wings a thorough wash before patting them dry. She grabbed her bottle of olive oil and her house seasoning that she made and dressed the chicken. Before she could even place the chicken on the pan, a knock sounded at her door. She looked towards the front and shook her head. Quickly cleaning her hands, she grabbed her gun from the drawer and walked towards the front.

"Who is it?" Sonni asked as she gripped the door knob.

"It's me baby! Open up!"

Sonni rolled her eyes at the sound of her ex-boyfriend's voice on the other side of the door. "What do you want, Deion?"

"Let me in, I wanna talk! I miss you."

Laughing lightly to herself, Sonni mugged the door and shook her head. "We don't have anything to talk about, boy. Now leave before I call my brother."

BANG! BANG! BANG! "Bitch, let me in before I knock you the fuck out!"

Sonni jumped back as Deion started beating on her door, attempting to break it down. Walking backwards towards the living room, she decided to go ahead and call her brother because she knew Deion wasn't leaving anytime soon. Snatching up her phone, she quickly dialed her oldest and only brother's number. She checked her gun just incase she had to shoot because the beating against her door was intensifying.

"Hello? Wassup, Noonie?" Savion's voice flowed through the receiver whilst Sonni kept her eyes trained on the door.

"Hi, Bubba. Deion just showed up and he's not trying to leave."

Deion and Sonni were together for two years going on three until she broke up with him. Out of nowhere, he developed a drug problem, and it confused Sonni because Deion wasn't wanting for anything. He had a good job and those around him loved and supported him. The problem became an addiction, and with Sonni being a concerned girlfriend, she tried to get him help, but he refused. The relationship took a major turn once Deion put his hands on Sonni. He only hit her once and that was all it took.

Sonni knew that if she stayed, things were going to get worse, and she didn't want that. She saved and chose herself.

It's been a year since the break up and as you can see, Deion still hasn't accepted the fact.