Chapter 8: It's a Date

~Clay's POV~
It's been about a week since I confessed to Y/N and tonight is our date night. Am I nervous? Only a little. Everything will be fine, I hope. I keep checking and double-checking the time, waiting for the time we agreed upon for when I'd pick her up. Why am I sweating so much? It's just Y/N, it's not like this could go wrong at all, right?

30 minutes till I pick her up, I should get ready.

I get myself ready in a lime tux with white dress pants, a forest green tie to tie it all together, and I wait for the time to pass, trying my best to calm my nerves. Patches cuddled up to me to help calm me down, which did help and I played with her until it was time for me to go, giving Patches a little kiss on the top of her head before heading out, getting in my car, and driving to Y/N's to pick her up.

~3rd Person POV~

Y/N walked out of her home, a beautiful (F/C) Dress (Or a nice outfit you'd wear to a fancy kinda date) flowing gently with the gentle breeze of the calm night. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair dancing lightly on this breeze. She smiled and gave a small wave to Clay, who was waiting patiently, albeit a bit nervously, in his car. Clay returned her little wave and gave her a smile as well, getting out of the car as she approached, opening the passenger door for her.

"M'lady," He greeted her a bit playfully as he gestured to the passenger seat for her, giving her a charming smile.

"Why thank you, good sir," Y/N replied with a slight giggle, taking a seat in the passenger seat of his car as he closed the door and then got in the driver's seat. They made small talk on the car ride to a quaint little seaside restaurant. When the two parked, Clay got out and again, opened Y/N's door for her, offering her his hand to help her out of the car, which she took with a smile. They held hands as they walked into the relatively quiet restaurant, checking in with the clerk, and were seated by the window that overlooks the sea.

"I know this isn't as good as our first date on your world." Clay stated playfully"I don't think anything can top that," Y/N replied, playing along with a giggle. "In all seriousness though, this is lovely, thank you for bringing me here." She continued with a warm smile."Of course, only the best for the lady of my dreams." Clay replied with a wink, causing Y/N to blush lightly and look away shyly.

The two continued to chat and lightly flirt over dinner and when finished, Clay left a pretty generous tip for the wait staff he and Y/N walked out hand-in-hand. It was getting close to dusk and Clay smiled at the opportunity, gently taking Y/N by her hands and leading her down to a quiet spot on the beach, where he layed out a picnic blanket and looked at her with a smile as he sat down. Y/N sat beside him, cuddling up to him a bit as he wrapped his arm around her and they watched the sunset together.

As the sun was finishing its descent, Clay looked down at Y/N and she returned his gaze, tilting her head slightly. Clay smiled and leaned in close to her, causing her to blush slightly and look away in an attempt to hide it. Clay chuckled and got up, offering his hand to her. She accepted it and he helped her up, dipping her with a smirk, causing her blush to deepen as he chuckled again and stood them both back up, kissing her forehead before leading her back to the car, bringing the blanket back with them.

Clay drove her home, the ride being mostly quiet due to Y/N trying to calm her blushing and Clay battling with himself internally a bit for not kissing her when he had the chance. He dropped her off and walked her to the door.

"I had fun tonight, thanks for taking me out," Y/N said a bit shyly with a small smile.

"Anytime." Clay replied with a smile, kissing the back of her hand, "Until next time m'lady." He continued with a grin.

"Take care Clay," Y/N replied with a smile, watching him leave before gently shutting her door and getting into comfortable clothing, laying in bed and going through her phone before bed, noticing the #CancelY/U/N going around on Twitter. The comments started to get to her and she debated on texting Clay to vent her feelings about it but opted out of it, closing her phone and cuddling with her puppy Skipper, who had jumped up onto the bed, sensing her distress and trying to comfort her.

(Hey! Another Chapter ovo Hope you guys enjoy! Am I a tease? Maybeee >:3 Until next time my lovely readers! Don't forget to vote on this chapter, it's free and you can always take it back <3)