A last goodbye

Thomas pov.:

"Tommy kill me!" Newt screams again, he's panting, black liquid dripping from his mouth, I can see his black veins on his arms and face.

He picks up the knife he dropped before and tries to stab me, I stop him and pin him to the ground.
"Just wait a little longer Newt! Brenda's almost there...hold on okay? Hold on for me"

He breaks free from my grip and gets up, I do the same.
"Please Tommy please! Kill me before I kill you!" His eyes shift from they're natural blue color to black and runs into me.

I try to block him multiple times, lucky succeeding,
"Snap out of it Ne-"
The world seem frozen, Newt's eyes come back to normal, I look down and see the knife in my chest.

"No!" I fall backwards and lie on the ground while Newt tries his best to stop the bleeding.
"Tommy...I'm sorry I-I didn't mean to I-" He says sobbing but I cut him off

"N-Newt...it's alright it wasn't your fault I-" I try to continue but I get cut off by the building behind me exploding, luckly it's far enough for us not to get hurt.
"It's ok...it's ok I promise...you have to go or we're both going to die..." My shirt's probably all bloody now, but it's not like it's my priority.

"I'm not leaving you! Not again!" He says while still trying hus best to stop the bleeding.
"You have to go...B-Brenda has the cure...please Newt go..." I start spitting dark red blood from my mouth while I feel tears running down my cheeks.

"No...I'm not going to be able to live without you...please don't leave" He sobs
"I-I have to tell you something...I l-love you...and not just as a friend...I love e-everything about you..." I could die with this burden I was carrying for way to long.

"I love you too..." He says above a whisper while I try my best to smile.
"Take...this..." I feel dizzy and I don't think I'm going to live for long, so I take from my jacket a envelope with a bunch of letters, eleven to be exact.
"I wrote them...just in case...here" I hand Newt what it's my most precious possession.

"You kept it..." He whispers
"It was the only way I c-could remember h-him..." More blood comes out my mouth.
"Newt go...just don't forget me...don't forget I love you..."

He leans and the thing that I've been waiting for a really long time happens...sadly this is our first and last kiss.

I start to lose consciousness, I can't move anymore, it hurts to much and I can't even keep my eyes open.

The last thing I hear before blacking out completely are Newt's pleads, for a moment I'm scared that he'll stay here with me and die...but my fear becomes relief when I hear him running away.

I find the strength to open my left eye a little and I see the Berg leaving, away from here, somewhere safe.

An idea pops up in my mind, maybe Newt wasn't the only person I could say goodbye to.

Teresa..? Aris...?

THOMAS?!

TOM!!

I-I'm sorry...I l-love you guys...

That's the last thing I remember.

Teresa's pov.:

We're waiting for Tom and Newt on the Berg, they said they would be here soon...I hope.

"Where the shuck are those slintheads?!" Minho says frustrated, I would to if my best friends were risking their lives.
"That's it I'm going to them"

"Wait!" I say holding my girlfriends arm
"They're going to be fine trust-"
"NEWT!" Minho screams as a limping Newt makes his way on the Berg.

He immediately breaks down on the floor sobbing, Jorge immediately catches him and hugs him.
"Brenda, get him the cure! Hey you're gonna be okay hermano, don't worry"

"Where's Thomas?" Minho asks, worried about his other best friend.
Brenda ignects the cure in Newt's arm.
"Newt where's Thomas?" Aris ask

Before going unconscious, Newt says one word, one word that would change our lives entirely...

"Dead"