04

dans le déni
[ in denial ]

It was the last day of 2015, and I was spending my last few hours working at my part time job. I had nothing to do today so I thought why not work overtime for extra pay.

It was 5pm and I stared preparing for my next shift, I headed into the changing room and bid my coworkers goodbye, "bye jisoo, and happy new year!"

Unexpectedly as I'm heading out my eyes glance over to a familiar figure, it was my ex Jeong Jaehyun who was on his laptop with my favourite drink... an americano beside him.

There I was in the mince of working the last person I wanted to see was here, my mind was blank all I knew was he was here to pester me.

It's been three hours and he was still here, with an occasional glimpse to see whether he was gone turned to me watching him for minutes. Zoning out is what it's called, nothing about him made me drool over him.

I mean absolutely nothing could do so. Here and there, there were a few customers but it was as accepted as it is the last day of the year; no one would want to spend there last hours getting coffee.

Whoosh! The door opened revealing a tall man and a flood of the cold breeze filling up the atmosphere. "Hello sir, what can I get you today?" I peered up to see Jeon Jungkook standing infront of me, his cheeks tinted pink with little droplets of water dropping off his eyes.

"Chaeyoung-ah! You work here?" His voice sounded angelic like music to my ears, "yes I do, so what can I get you Jungkook-ssi?" My hands propped onto the screen and started pressing the items he ordered.

"Want to go out, when you finish your shift?" The question came out of the blue, even my body froze to the words I look back and build the courage to not fold infront of him. "I'll take that as a yes than?"

I nervously nodded before making my way back into the kitchen. I hid myself behind the counter and placed my hand on my chest, this was it my heart pounding crazily. I couldn't even breathe correctly.

All I could replay was that question in my mind, he has something against me. Because why do I feel like this? whenever I see him.

The train of thoughts immediately stopped when I heard two manly voices arguing back fourth, the scene infront of me scared the living shit out of me.
Jaehyun and Jungkook bickering at eachother about which one of them I was into, who I looked better with, what I liked or disliked, why it was them nor the other.

"Can the two of idiots stop fighting, you are really ruining my mood." That's when the pair became quite and turned their heads to face me, "so chaeyoung-ah, which one of us do you fancy?" My eyes looked between the two, I remained silent as I vowed to not reveal who it was.

"So neither of us?" I nodded firmly in despite I was lying, just so there was not another argument and because of me.

I denied my own feelings to protect him. It is Jeon Jungkook who I like.

I like him and only him.