Chapter 14

Previously

"Anyone with objections should kindly speak up". Poseidon said, but the look in his eyes promised pain.

"Seeing no one has anything to say, I declare this meeting adjourned".

At that, I saw Lou and Grover get enveloped in a flash of light and they weren't there any more. Next thing I knew, my father's hand was on my shoulder and sets of bewildered eyes were the last thing I saw if the Olympian throne room.

Now

Lou Ellen and Grover suddenly found themselves at camp, in front of the big house, with no sign of Percy. Apparently, Poseidon had taken offence to Zeus's statement about killing his son. Percy was probably already in Atlantis. That left the two of them to recount their quest to Chiron.

Once they were well settled and refreshed and nourished, Lou and Grover shared their story, leaving out some parts. Like when Percy had shadow travelled to the entrance of the underworld, and the fact that he battled a Titan. Yeah, the camp did not need those details.

"So, Perseus is now in the custody of his father?" Chiron asked.

Grover nodded in affirmation, "Yes Chiron".

"Well at least we don't have to deal with his stupid face for the time being, and hopefully never again". Annabeth stated with a smug voice and for the first time in years, Lou felt angered by her friend.

*****

Percy and Poseidon appeared somewhere out in the sea. Percy closed his eyes and took a deep breath, allowing his lungs to adjust to the change in environment.

Looking up, he saw the emotions that were concealed earlier in the throne room. His father smiled at him.

"You've made the sea proud my son" Poseidon said to Percy as they continued downward, towards the ocean floor. As they got closer to the sea bed, Percy started to see lights.

He was glad that the solstice had gone by so quickly and he was able to leave when he had, allowing him to deal with more pressing matters beneath the waves.

He rubbed a tired hand through his hair, thankful that the ruse had worked. Zeus would focus his anger on him now instead of his son, It meant that Percy would be safe, at least for the time being.

And that was all he cared about.

All kinds of sea creatures swam around the palace, going about their daily lives. Though most threw confused glances when they saw their lord with a boy, one they had neither seen nor heard about before.

Percy looked around in awe at the palace; the coral plants, the sea shells, the fish people. He was oblivious to a certain merman staring at him from the other side of the courtyard.

Poseidon led him inside the palace, walking slowly so his son could look around. The servants watched curiously, but they didn't ask, afraid that they were missing something that they should already know, but knowing that they had never seen him before.

When they got to the throne room, there was a beautiful woman talking to a merman in front of two coral thrones. They stopped when Poseidon came in with Percy. The woman looked confused, the merman's eyes shone with mischief.

Poseidon narrowed his eyes, he had a feeling he wouldn't like what they were talking about. The water was just filled with tension.

He wasn't sure what they would think about his decision to take Percy in. They didn't know that he'd had another child with another woman, well, Amphitrite might have known, but she didn't bring it up at any point in time. But he wouldn't show how uneasy he was. He wouldn't show them that he was afraid of what they would think. Not of him, but of Percy.