Chapter 126: Getting Off the Ship

Start from the beginning

Quickly, under a giant barrel, Lin Qiushi discovered a dark tunnel. He climbed inside and at the end of the tunnel saw a black metal door—what an exciting sight that door was. With little other care, Lin Qiushi used the key in his hand to unlock the door before him and saw the passage filled with light appear before his eyes.

Then, Lin Qiushi bent down and picked the hint slip up off the ground. He didn't even read it before shoving it into his shirt pocket.

He turned back around and returned to the dining room.

The people there were still eating fish, and this time, Lin Qiushi walked right up to Ruan Nanzhu and called his name: "Zhu Meng."

Ruan Nanzhu glanced up at him. "Linlin."

"Can you come with me for a second?" Lin Qiushi asked.

Ruan Nanzhu: "But I want to eat fish."

Lin Qiushi: "I know. You can eat as you come with me. It'll only be for a little bit. I found more fish in the kitchen.

After a beat of silence, Ruan Nanzhu complied with Lin Qiushi's suggestion, taking the plate of fish with him as he stood up.

"Really?"

"Really," Lin Qiushi answered with certainty.

It was only then that Ruan Nanzhu followed Lin Qiushi outside.

Seeing this, Lin Qiushi let out a breath of relief, because he knew Ruan Nanzhu hadn't been too deeply bewitched. Otherwise, he would have no other choice but to get rough, but getting rough with it was the worst option, because by Lin Qiushi's own accounting, he stood no chance against Ruan Nanzhu at all. The outcome would've been awful.

Ruan Nanzhu obediently followed Lin Qiushi to the kitchen, and was actually pretty happy when he saw the roomful of dead fish. Only, while he was still giddy, Lin Qiushi shoved him right into the tunnel where the door was.

Pushed so, Ruan Nanzhu looked bewildered. He stood at the bottom of the tunnel, looking up all wronged: "Why did you push me?"

Lin Qiushi didn't answer, only got down into the tunnel with Ruan Nanzhu. He took Ruan Nanzhu's hand and brought him to the exit passage, pointing inside.

"There's so much fish in there. You'll see once you go in."

"Really?" Ruan Nanzhu was a bit suspicious.

"Really," Lin Qiushi nodded.

Ruan Nanzhu smiled, apparently believing Lin Qiushi. He turned and entered the passage, and once inside, his form disappeared. Seeing him go, Lin Qiushi let out a breath of relief. He lifted a wrist and looked at his watch, before clenching his jaw and turning once more for the dining room.

The truth was Lin Qiushi could feel that his own time was pretty much up, because the fish in the kitchen had become deeply attractive to him. The stench of gamy meat that should've been so abhorrent was, to the current Lin Qiushi, becoming delicious. He could only use all his willpower to fight the thought.

Against Gu Longming, Lin Qiushi had none of the gentleness he reserved for Ruan Nanzhu. He chose the simplest method—he approached the meat-drunk Gu Longming from behind and, with a chop of his hand, knocked Gu Longming out, hoisting him up onto a shoulder. When he was carrying Gu Longming off, Lin Qiushi paused again, before also taking that Xiao Mo girl with them. As for the others...He would like to do more, but was powerless. All he could do was his best, and saving only one life was better than none.

Taking the two to the entrance of the passage, Lin Qiushi tossed them both inside. Only then did Lin Qiushi, panting, climb into the passageway himself.