➳cheiloproclitic

Start from the beginning

"You're just hungover, there's no problem," Gerard said, smiling at me lopsidedly. 

"Yeah but this is fucking embarrassing," I mumbled, turning over so my flaming face was buried into Gerard's pillow. It smelled faintly of wood smoke, as though the aroma had been lingering in his hair before he'd gone to sleep. 

"For you it is, yeah," Gerard nodded, looking at me bemusedly. "You're almost naked in someone else's bed, hungover to shit, and your mother is not very happy with you judging by the amount of texts you've got since last night."

Something plummeted horribly in my stomach at his words, and I shoved myself forward with an agonized moan, drawn out from the back of my throat. "Oh shiiiiiit."

Gerard chuckled quietly, before I heard him moving over to somewhere the other side of the room. Really, I should be jumping out of bed and running straight home to beg my mother not to murder me, but my head hurt far too much. Energy was practically nonexistent. Besides, I didn't even know where my clothes were. Where the hell had he put them...?

Glancing around the room, I caught sight of my hung-up clothes on Gerard's poster rail. They didn't look to be in too bad a shape, at least not until I caught sight of the massive mud stains marring both knees of my jeans. Like I'd been kneeling... Suddenly, my heart seemed to beat faster. Had I? Please god say that I hadn't...

"Geraaaard," I said slowly, dragging out his name so that he turned around, with an expression that told me he knew I was beginning to freak out over something. That same eyebrow was raised, like he knew something that I didn't, which was beginning to become the default expression I was expecting of him.

"Did I... Did we... The knees on my jeans... Did..." I couldn't come straight out and ask him if I'd drunkenly sucked him off because I knew that expression would deepen, and he'd grin maniacally and I'd want to cry. I wouldn't put it past him to keep it from me just to deepen my freaking out.

"Did you suck me off last night?" Gerard asked, not looking at me. As though he didn't want to meet my gaze... But why? Would he do that if nothing had happened? All that I managed to make was a strangled sort of choking noise, which I think he took as a yes.

"No, don't panic. You fell over because Brendon spiked your drink. That's why you're so wrecked." 

His explanation brought me a wave of relief, although it was short lived, because Gerard's smirk deepened at his next sentence. Every word of it was like a sharpened arrow, firing from his mouth and burying deep in me. 

"Although I'm intrigued as to why you'd even think that... Seeing as I've never said anything along those lines."

My face flamed, so much so that I expected it would burn to touch, as Gerard's horribly bemused expression only succeeded in making it worse. 

-

"She's going to kill me so bad," I whined, as Gerard walked beside me along the pavement. After our horrendously embarrassing moment regarding the question I'd insisted on asking, Gerard had apparently found it very hard to stop smirking, and as he walked me home it only seemed to get worse.

"You just got a bit carried away," Gerard said encouragingly. I appreciated him trying to ease the situation but it wasn't going to help. My mother was going to kill me as soon as I got home, and nothing I did was going to make it any better.

My expression must have meant something to Gerard, because he looked suddenly inspired, as though an excellent idea had hit him. Honestly it frightened me.

"I'll come and explain everything to your family and maybe you won't get killed too much." 

To him it must have seemed like an answer, but to me I could only think about how Gerard's presence would only worsen what I had to do. If he explained how my drink had been spiked and I'd spent the night unknowingly in someone else's house, I could guarantee that I'd be in more trouble than if I just pretended I'd spent the night at Harry's. Again, I think my expression gave away what I was thinking, because he grinned.