"Un." Little Shen Xi suddenly gave him a great big smile, her eyes full of trust.

Little Shen Xi quietly sat on the stone steps with her rabbit doll in her arms as Su Hang took off her shoes and carefully cleaned them. Afterward, he helped the young girl put them back on.

"Thank you, big brother." The little girl happily stood up and kissed her brother's face.

Although little Su Hang had often helped take care of his younger brothers and sisters in the orphanage, many of the children were afraid of him because he didn't like to talk or laugh. So this was the first time little Su Hang had ever been kissed. The sudden warm and soft touch dazed him, and his ears turned bright red.

"Let's go. I'll take you to your mom and dad." With red ears and a taut face, little Su Hang led the small Shen Xi to the hospital to find her parents. However, when they arrived, the hospital was much to busy to take care of the two children. Little Su Hang led the small girl around the hospital and looked at each room they came across, but Shen Xi's father had already transferred Mother Shen to a private hospital.

The two children looked for them all night, but in the end, they were nowhere to be found.

Feeling tired and hungry, the children sat on the chairs next to the emergency ward and slept there the entire night.

The next morning, little Shen Xi woke up hungry. She hugged her rabbit doll and rubbed her eyes as she said: "Big brother, I'm hungry."

Little Su Hang still had nine yuan after buying the steamed bun yesterday, so he took Shen Xi out to buy some breakfast. As they left the hospital, the small Shen Xi noticed the KNC on the opposite side.

(T/N: I dunno what KNC is. In raws, it was literally 'KNC')

"Brother, I want to eat that."

Su Hang looked down at the little girl's expectant eyes and failed to resist. He led the small girl to the stall and paid seven yuan for a bowl of porridge.

"Eat quickly. We'll go look for your parents after eating." Little Su Hang handed the spoon to her.

The tiny Shen Xi took the spoon, scooped up some porridge, then sent it towards little Su Hang's mouth. She sweetly said: "Big brother, you eat first."

The surprised Su Hang opened his mouth without much thought, and in the end, the two children ate the porridge together.

The two went back into the hospital to continue their search. However, the morning passed and they still couldn't find anything. They became hungry again, but this time, Su Hang didn't have enough money to buy food from KNC. So little Su Hang brought the small Shen Xi back into the alley where they met, intending to buy two steamed buns.

Su Hang figured that if they still couldn't find little Shen Xi's parents by the time the sun goes down, then he would bring her to the dean. His thoughts were abruptly cut short when he suddenly stumbled. Su Hang looked down and found that one of his slippers had broken. The strap had been ripped off, causing his slipper to fall off his foot.

"Big brother, your shoe." Little Shen Xi picked up his slipper and handed it to Su Hang.

Little Su Hang glanced at the item and knew that he wouldn't be able to repair it. It would be much easier to simply walk barefoot, so his other slipper was taken off and thrown away. However, the weather was simply too hot. The asphalt road under little Su Hang's feet was so hot that it made his feet red. Little Su Hang gritted his teeth and intended to soldier on, but Little Shen Xi suddenly let go of his hand and ran back behind him.

"Xiao Xi!" Little Su Hang ran after her barefoot, only to find Shen Xi crouching in front of a shoe store.

"Big brother, shoes."