Does this mean that he could call Shen Xi every day? With this thought, Su Hang happily gave Chu Wu another round of vigorous rubbing. While Chu Wu whined, Su Hang secretly decided to increase Mrs. Zhang's salary.

"Let's eat!" Shen Xi, who had been waiting for a certain someone to come to the dinner table, couldn't help but shout when she heard Chu Wu's whines.

"Ah, we're coming." Hearing her calling, Su Hang immediately let go of Chu Wu. As soon as Chu Wu was liberated, he immediately ran away. Now in a very good mood, Su Hang put away his briefcase, loosened his tie, and quickly walked to the dining room.

Su Hang sat down, picked up his chopsticks, and was just about to pick up some food when Shen Xi suddenly asked: "Have you washed your hands?"

Su Hang's chopsticks abruptly stopped. He had been so focused on Shen Xi that he had forgotten to wash them. But wouldn't he look so stupid if he goes and washes them now?

"Pfft..." Shen Xi was very amused at the foolish expression on Su Hang's face. "Forget it, I won't hold it against you just this once."

Won't hold it against you, won't hold it against you, won't hold it against you...

After these words circled his brain, Su Hang hunched down, extended his chopsticks, and picked up some vegetables to cover up the smile on his face.

(T/N: the word used in the raw that means 'won't hold it against you' can also mean 'I won't dislike you.' Su Hang is happy because it's like Shen Xi is telling him she won't dislike him.)

Shen Xi saw that he was anxious to eat, so she poured him a bowl of soup and placed it near Su Hang's hand. "Eat slowly."

Su Hang tilted his head and glanced at the bowl that Shen Xi had placed near his plate. There were a few pieces of scallions, squash and pork chops floating on the soup. He then looked at the empty bowl on the other side of his plate. Su Hang put down his chopsticks, picked up the empty soup bowl, and carefully filled it with soup. As if he had OCD, Su Hang carefully filled the bowl up to two thirds and made sure that the soup only contained scallions. Then, he pretended to nonchalantly place the bowl near Shen Xi's hand.

(T/N: Obsessive-compulsive disorder)

"Thank you." Shen Xi smiled at Su Hang, then took a sip of the soup from the bowl he had just put down.

Su Hang looked at Shen Xi's beautiful smile, her red lips shimmering with soup, and his heart pounded.

After dinner, Shen Xi played with Chu Wu in the living room, while Su Hang lingered in the living room instead of going into his study as usual. Naturally, Shen Xi noticed the change, but she didn't point it out, nor did she go back upstairs into her bedroom. She wanted to see how long Su Hang would dawdle around before finally telling her what he wanted to say.

After finding out what Su Hang went through as a child, Shen Xi felt even more distressed for him. But at the same time, she had never wanted to learn about his story from others, because she won't be able to comfort him right after unless he tells her himself.

"You..." Su Hang finally gathered his courage, and with a gulp, asked: "How was your trip to the orphanage today?"

"It was good. The kids were cute." Shen Xi replied.

"Oh." Su Hang scrutinized her expression for a long time, but in the end, he really couldn't tell if Shen Xi found out about his past with Qing'an orphanage. Did the Dean not tell her? But that isn't in line with the Dean's gossipy personality, ah.

"Was there anything that left a deep impression on you?" Su Hang tried probing her again.

"There was!" Shen Xi replied.