𝑳𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

Start from the beginning

It was all a really twisted and crazy situation.

But she didn't pick up.

This is Gemma Styles' phone, I can't speak right now. Leave a message.

"Fuck!" - I whispered-yelled.

I hung up and dialled again.
Maybe if I insisted...

But no.

This is Gemma Styles' phone, I can't speak right now. Leave a message.

"Shit!" - I ran a hand on my face. - "Fine." - I sighed and nodded to myself. - "Hello Gemma, this is Louis Tomlinson. I'd really appreciate it if you call me back. I need to speak to you urgently."

Yeah, that's a good message.

I hung up and let my head fall on my desk, not caring about my forehead pressed against the keyboard or my phone falling on my lap.

This just can't be real.

Suddenly I felt two hands on my shoulders and someone's weight leaning down on me.

"What are you doing, Lou? Everything alright?"

"Chad, hey." - I sighed, straightening up and looking back at the screen with Gemma's video still on pause.

"Hey, who's that?" - He pointed to the screen from over my shoulder.

"Nobody. What did you want?" - I asked, turning around in my wheelchair.

"Wow no need to get aggressive." - He smiled. - "I was just wondering if you wanted to come over to my place tonight."

"What?" - I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I know it's Monday, but maybe you can stay at my place tonight and we'll come here together early in the morning."

"No, Chad. Sorry but I can't deal with you today."

"What does that mean?"

"I just... I have a lot of things to do and worry about and you're... you're in the way right now. Please don't ask."

"But Lou... we said..."

"I know, okay?" - I stopped him. - "But I can't today. I have... I'm in the middle of something. Just please leave me alone today." - I said, exasperatedly.

"Fine, okay." - He said sharply and turned around, going back to his desk.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

I need to deal with him later.

~

After three more attempts to call Gemma and two scolds of my boss for not doing my job correctly, I was finally able to leave that stupid place and go find Harry.

I rushed to the park and I could hear Harry's voice even before seeing his figure.

It was incredible how he was now playing the entire song, how happy he looked while singing, and how many more people stopped just to listen to him.

I got closer and stood up in between the multitude until he finished his finally completed song.

I smiled and applauded loudly at Harry, causing him to look up at me and grin.
People left some money on the guitar case and dissipated eventually.

"Lou."

"You smashed it. It sounds incredible!"

"Thanks." - He shrugged. - "You're the one who helped me though."