"I'm assuming you've been here long enough to get to our wing without me needing to show you the way," he asked once he was in his normal parking space, his eyes never leaving the windshield.

"I think I can manage," I sighed. I opened and shut the car door without much thought and the second it was closed the car was in reverse while Devon sped down the driveway like a mad man.

The second I stepped through the trick door, I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

Devon usually acted as a bodyguard of sorts. No one dared to so much as glance at me but now that he was gone I could feel every glare aimed at me.

People in the living room whispered things I assumed had to be hateful if I was going off of their facial expressions until I finally made it to Jem's wing.

The second the door was closed; it was like a whole different atmosphere fell over the house.

My feet led me numbly to the couch where I proceeded to flop down. My eyes shut on their own as my head laid back against the headrest. I wished for nothing more than sleep and it almost came true.

Almost.

I jumped when a soft touch landed against my neck but I didn't have to energy to make it stop.

I had forgotten where I was for a moment, thinking it was just Mary letting me know she was home before she went off to do something but when the touch pressed harder, I knew it wasn't her.

When the soft touch ended I nearly feel back to sleep but a soft nip was the only thing that kept me from falling.

Nip after nip I allowed myself to revel in the feeling until my skin was sucked into the pair of lips.

My eyes shot open as my mouth fell.

I couldn't see much but I knew better than to question whom it was.

"Stop," I groaned as he moved to the next spot, allowing himself to roll his tongue of the skin before pulling away.

"I couldn't help myself," he said with a smirk on his face as he stared down at me. "You leave it out in the open like that and I can only hold myself back for so long."

His thumb came up to trail the side of neck, purposefully rolling over the places he had allowed his teeth to play with.

"I thought I told you to stay away from me," I said with an eye roll while forcing my head away from him.

"Did you? I've never been good with following orders. I'm the boss for a reason."

I rolled my eyes at that.

"Well I guess you'll have to learn to listen like a good boy for once," I scoffed as I stared up at him. His eyes darkened a bit as a smirk crossed his face.

"Is that so? And what exactly do I get in exchange for being such a good boy," he teased, his head already lowering back down to my neck. "I can think of something that could be a rather good reward."

I didn't have a chance to lean away before he was playing with my collarbone.

A moan escapes me before I had a chance to stop it, making Jem still before a smirk formed around the skin he had sucked into his mouth.

"Seems like it would be a rather good reward for you too," he mumbled before biting down. "Surprisingly enough, this was not the reason I came in here."

The second his sentence was finished his mouth moved to my jaw while his hands moved to my chest. He didn't do anything other than allow his fingers come dangerously close to my nipples.

"Tell me, what put you in such a bad mood this morning?"

I cursed Jem in that moment.

Just minutes ago I was cursing his name but all it took was a few second of his mouth being on me to forget all of that.