“Alex, isn’t getting anywhere near me. I promise you that much. He’s a douche and a weirdo. I know we used to be sort of friends but I never did like the kid as a child. He was too weird for me. Micky, I understand where you’re coming from with the whole Lottie thing; fourth year was embarrassing for all of us”

“Man, how did she live that down?”

“I’ve no idea but hey, I better let you go now otherwise you’ll be late,” I continued whispering as I let him go. It was tough but I knew I needed to. Sometimes friendships are harder than relationships, especially if you were dating the person beforehand. Sometimes friendships with your ex never work because there are always them unrequited feelings for them. I sure as hell will struggle to keep mine in check. I’ll always love Micky, until the day, I die but sometimes it’s hard. Love never is easy, there’s always going to be someone or something that’s going to ruin it. It might not be something serious but most times, it is.

      Letting him go felt like the break-up all over again. I’ve no idea why but it felt like it. I wanted to cry, I wanted to just break but I knew I had to be strong after all; this wasn’t for a whole year. He was going to be gone for around a month maybe less. I’ll just have to be brave. 

     Micky, Greg and Dan all drove away. Steve was following soon. It sucks letting him go but for now, we need our space. We need to get used to being a part because he’s going to be leaving me a lot now. He’s going to be my famous little munchkin.  

Micky’s POV

It hurt leaving her again. I know it’s not for long but I’ve only just got her back and now I need to leave again. I’m not the only one looking gloom, Dan is too. I guess there must be something going on with him and Lottie then.

“So Daniel, you and Lottie then?” I asked nonchalantly. I was interested and I’m pretty sure Ella would love to know.

“I don’t know that’s the fourth time we’ve made out but I don’t know what to do. Like we’ll be gone most of the time and we’ll barely see each other and she also has her kid to worry about” Dan almost muttered.

“Dan, if you like her go for it. Lottie’s been messed around enough by her boyfriend Alex. He’s also the reason as to why I broke it off with Ella. I’ve lied to her again about it but tell her how you feel. Dan if you both like each other then you’ll make it work between you both. It won’t matter about distance or anything because as long as you trust each other then you’ll be fine” I replied a little sympathetically. It is true that I’ve lied to Ella, yet again but I just can’t bring myself to form the words. I’m tired of holding this back I know it’ll mess things up yet again. I kissed another boy, that’s what Alex is holding over me. I was with Ella at the time, too. He threatened me that if I didn’t break up with Ella then he’d plaster it to world with the photos included. How he managed to get the pictures, I’ve no idea but he has them. I was scared, it was a onetime thing but they could destroy me. I’m not gay or bisexual and I’ve nothing against people who are but I was drunk when I kissed him but being drunk counts for nothing especially when you cheated.  I’m ashamed of what I did but there was no way I could ever get rid of it. It was with me for life.

“Hey Micky, if I did ask Lottie out, do you think she’ll say yes?” Dan asks boldly.

“You can only ask mate. I’ll ask Ella her take on things and I’ll get her to ask Lottie’s opinion on certain things. I’m sure Ella will get the truth out of her,” I said a little too giddily. Damn, was I that happy that I was speaking to Ella again? Gosh, I need to tone things down a little.