GerIta

The usually cheerful Italian sighed, he hasn't been feeling the same for awhile now. He has felt glum for the past few weeks now, but no one seemed to notice. Italy brushed his hand through his hair, lifting the brunette bangs from his pale, slender face, his curl that protruded from his head bounced as he did so. Heaving a tired sigh, the Italian pushed open the large doors into the conference room where the Allies and friends of the Axis were waiting for him. "Italy! You're late!" A large, blonde haired man scolded. It was Germany, Italy's beloved friend. Italy always felt happier when Germany was around, even when he was grumpy. Italy then sauntered to his own place at the table, next to his other dear friend, Japan.

"Okay dudes! Let's talk about world hunger and..." America began. Italy didn't really seem all that interested, or really he was much too sad to pay attention. Resting his pale face onto the back of his hand, Italy remained silent the entire meeting, looking out of the large window into the somewhat cloudy sky that loomed overhead. Soon enough, the meeting was dismissed, and all of the other countries were getting ready to leave, except Italy. He hadn't even realized that America already dismissed everyone. Germany looked over to the poor Italian. His sulking body and distant expression caught his eye. "Dude! Italy, wake up!" America slapped Italy's back, and Italy jumped up in surprize. America gave him a big smile, and caught up with Britain to tell him a great yo-mama joke he just thought of. Germany stood near the entrance of the door, keeping an eye on Italy. All of the allies, and Japan have already left to go back home. "Italy..." Germany thought to himself. "He seems so... sad." Germany frowned, the thought of Italy being sad put Germany in a bad mood. He never wants to see Italy sad, ever.

"Italy..." The German managed to speak. Italy didn't answer, he just kind of made his way to the big window he was staring at before. Germany sighed, and made his way over to his friend. "Italy, is ahh, something bothering you?" He questioned. Italy slowly shook his head 'no', continuing to look out of the window. Germany then placed his large hand on Italy's shoulder, forcing the Italian to face him. "Italy, talk to me. I want to know what's happening..." Concern clouded the German's bright blue eyes. Italy then looked away, a bright red flushed his face, a tear rolling down his cheek and hitting the floor. "I-I don't want to talk about it, Germany..." Germany then forced the Italian to face him again "Tell me, now." He demanded. More tears streaking down the poor Italian's face, he shoved Germany away. Sloppily running towards the door, he slammed it behind him.

The clouds overhead grew rapidly, and it became dark outside, raindrops began to gather quickly. Running as fast as the slender Italian could, he made it a block from the building, stopping to gain his energy back near a small stream. It became hard to tell which ones were tears and those that were rain drops. Gasping for air from running and choking on his own tears, Italy began to jog along the stream's edge, hoping to get as far away from Germany as possible. When the Italian thought he had gotten away, something strong grabbed his small wrist, bringing him into an embrace. Germany tightly hugged him from behind, leaning and whispering "It's okay. Trust me. I care about you, Italy." Italy then relaxed into Germany's embrace, burying his back into the German's chest.