Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"What could you possibly want?"

"My freedom." I say, Klaus hardens his gaze. "I want to be able to live where I want, be with who I want and be allowed to dictate what I do. Simple as that." I smile at him amused. Caroline's heartbeat picks up I can practically feel her doubt as Tyler starts to look sick.

"But, you see Little Sister. You care about these people, you won't let the wolf die." Klaus smirks, seemingly thinking he now has the upper hand.
I shake my head, condescendingly. "And you seem to forget that I don't need to tell you how I turn him. I can still save his life and you'd never need to know the details. I have waited too long to live my life, Nik. I'm done." Klaus steeled his expression, putting up a faux smirk as he relented.

"Fine. You win."

I smile happily as I take a vial out of the lab's cabinet. Everyone watches me intrigued as I take a small knife and hold out a hand for Elena who looked as if she had been attempting to disappear behind Caroline.

"Come on Darling, we haven't got all night." I huff speeding over and grabbing Elena, pulling her over to the vial. I take her hand as she struggles. "Oh, hold still, this will barely hurt." I snap as she shakes her head. I slice down her palm and her blood flows into the empty vial, once it's half full I take it and walk over to Tyler.

"Bottoms up, Ty." He looks at Elena's blood questioningly and takes it in his hand before glancing at Caroline.

"Just drink, it'll save your life." Care whispers sadly. I was glad she still trusted me, after what my siblings had done to her and Tyler.

Tyler downed the vial of Elena's blood and he started groaning in pain, he rolled off the table he'd been on and I held Caroline back as he squirmed and called out in pain on the floor. "Abbe!" Caroline sobbed as Tyler convulsed.

"Hey, Care it's ok. He's just transitioning." I explained as she grew more and more worried. Suddenly, Tyler's head shot up and he was on all fours. His eyes glowed golden and black veins showed on his cheeks.
Klaus grinned, watching Tyler with intent eyes. "Well, that's a good sign." He smirked.

After that I split with my siblings, I spoke with Caroline for a bit and explained some things to Tyler. Like how he could now turn at will, he didn't need a daylight ring, could compel people and that his bite was even more dangerous to a vampire. The toxins only taking a few days to kill now that he was a hybrid. He seemed happy enough with the outcome.

After that I went home and Jace came over for a bit. We talked about the summer and then he dropped me off at the Boarding House on his way home. I walked up to the steps and took a deep breath, knocking on the door.

I heard footsteps and Damon mumbled, "Who the hell even knocks anymore?"

As the door opened I held my breath, my eyes focused on his shoes at first but slowly they made their way up his body and to his own blue orbs. "You're back." He said quietly before his face broke out into a large grin.

"I'm back." I confirmed, stupidly. A grin forming on my face as well. Suddenly, I was spinning in the air, my blonde hair flew around my face as Damon held me by the waist allowing my hands to sturdy myself on his shoulders. He pulled me back to him but instead of placing my feet on the floor he held me so my face was in line with his.

For a few minutes we just stayed like that. Eye to eye, we stared at each other. Memorizing every moment as our eyes flicked around taking in each centimetre of the other's face. "So," Damon began. "What'd you do over the summer?" He asked, making eye contact with me.

"I went around Spain, taking revenge on a few witches in a certain impudent coven." I smirked, "Then I headed to Tokyo where I met up with one of my only living dead ex-flings who doesn't hate me and my family." Damon's eyes grew concerned as I spoke and my smirk widened before I continued in a matter of fact voice, with a slight bit of playfulness. "We had sex. But the whole time, you know what I was thinking about?" Damon looked heartbroken now and I gave him a soft smile. "All I could think about was you, Damon." He looked surprised. "You and your beautiful blue eyes, your amazing body, your raven black hair-" He cut me off with a kiss.

I grinned and pulled away. "So, what did you do all summer?"

Damon grinned, "I went on some road trips, got beat up by your brother, got beat up by my brother, temporarily killed my best friend, and single handedly ruined pretty much every relationship I have. But, it's all worth it." Damon smirked and I frowned. "Because I got you in the end." I grinned and kissed him. My dead heart swelled with the knowledge that Damon had picked me.

"You're sure?" Damon questioned, his tormented expression made me want to deny it but I nodded instead.

"It was in his eyes. He was gone, Damon. I'm sorry." He nodded solemnly and drank the rest of his bourbon. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder.

"Why weren't you there?" I questioned absentmindedly. "I would have expected you to be with the rest of the scooby-doo gang." He sighed and stroked my shoulder with his free hand.

"I was with Katherine and a kidnapped Jeremy Gilbert." He explained, I raised an eyebrow. "We found a way to get Klaus to leave town." I sat up and turned to him as he continued. "Found some guy that he's afraid of, apparently he's dead or locked up or something but all I had to do was say his name and Klaus got out of here pretty quickly."

"His name?" I questioned, praying to every god that it wasn't who I believed. They didn't answer my prayers.

"Mikael." Damon must have noticed my panic because he immediately pulled me closer.

"Did you wake him?" I question in horror.

"Why? Who is he?"

"Did you wake him up, Damon?" I yell, he's surprised at my outburst.

"No. No, I told them not to since Klaus left without letting a vampire vampire hunter out on the loose." He calmed me and I relaxed.

"You can never wake him, Damon! Promise me you won't!" He looked at me startled.

Nodding slowly he promised me.

Damon didn't press the matter and for the rest of the night, we sat in silence. Just taking comfort in the other's presence. Until we fell asleep on the couch.

So Damon is telling the truth, as far as he knows. He did tell them not to wake Mikael because Klaus left without making more problems and Damon was happy with that.
Also, Jeremy left before Katherine woke him so it's unknown that he's alive pretty much minus Katherine.

Anyway, hope you're all liking the story!

-blob243