Another more personal one

Use prologues

(Please re-visit the disclaimer if you haven't already taken a look, because it applies to this)

If you find you have trouble finding where to start a story, then you should use prologues.

Incase you don't know, Prologues are the chapter that contain background information and important context that the readers might need. Using a prologue can help guide you on where to start, and they don't need to be long, so it's an excellent way to take that first step, to help you transition into your chapter 1.

A few things to keep in mind, prologues should never;

A. Be more than 1 chapter. Prologues are meant to provide context, not tell a story. It's ok to add story into prologues, on the condition that it contains important background information that will help you write the rest of the story without confusing the audience. 

B. Long. I know I've already said that they can't be more than 1 chapter, but don't think that means you can make the prologue 8 pages and than say "Oh Azpyn, but you said that I couldn't make it more than 1 chapter, but you never said I couldn't make it long.". If you make the prologue too long, theres no point of it being a prologue, you could have just made it into a chapter.

C. Have a prologue exist without an epilogue. This one isn't really that important I think, you can have a prologue with no epilogue, it's not a law that they should co-exist, but personally it feels a little weird, mostly because If your going to expand on the start, expanding on the end helps confirm questions your audience may have, or it might give your two main characters the happy (or sad) ending that can really accent your book. But if you plan on writing a second book (kind of like a series) I think maybe hold off on the epilogues until the last books to avoid confusing the reader, (unless thats what the point is)