Untitled Part 3

Two black eyes and various other bruises accumulated over the week, I looked a mess. Why? What did I do wrong? For years, I wondered, what did I do to make Ichimatsu hate me so?

Even just today, the day after he gave me a new black eye to match the other, he not only gave me a handprint bruise on my previously uninjured wrist, but delivered multiple blows to my stomach. By the time he was done, my vision was fuzzy and I was gasping for air.

I remember when he stopped. He landed the harshest blow, and panted for a few seconds, before climbing off of me. Amidst my attempts to breathe, I thought I heard him say 'painful'.

Why? All I did was sit next to him. Before I could even speak, he pinned me down and his fists started flying.

Why?

Why does he hate me so much?

I had to leave. I loved him, I really did. But I was also terrified of him. I could never hope to understand him.

So, I put my shoes on and wandered the city. I tried to get my mind off of him, but I couldn't.

I thought back. I knew around the time when things started to change. We were still kids. But I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. I couldn't pinpoint any event that would've led to his sudden increase in violence towards me and only me.

Distracted by my thoughts, I failed to notice several figures approaching me. Suddenly, I was shoved into an alley and dragged further into it before I could find my footing.

Any attempt at words escaped me as the first punch landed directly on my just-healing black eye, and another aggravated my newly-bruised midsection.

"Wallet. Now," one of them demanded.

Shit, I'd left home so hurriedly, I'd neglected to bring it! I didn't have much in it in the first place, but what would they do to me if I didn't even have one with me?

Coughing, I managed to barely choke out "I...don't..." before another punch landed on my ribs, followed by more.

I could feel the fresh bruises forming, and almost had to laugh at the pain. Is this what Osomatsu felt when he'd complain I'd broken his ribs?

If so, I don't blame him for complaining.

The assault felt like it went on forever, though it couldn't have been more than a couple of minutes. Once they seemed to get bored of hitting someone who wasn't fighting back, they walked away and left me on the grimy alley floor.

I couldn't move very well, even sitting up against the wall was a struggle. They likely cracked a rib. Getting it looked at should've been the next step, but I didn't have my phone with me either. I hoped maybe someone would pass by and I could ask them for assistance, but not many people came to this part of town, especially not the alleys.

Well, Ichimatsu did. But he probably wouldn't be out tonight, he'd already done it in the morning.

Besides that, he'd never bother helping me even if he did end up coming this way. He'd probably just get mad- be it for my being in one of his alleys or 'letting' someone other than him beat me up.

My best bet was probably to just wait. Until someone passed by, or my family (mostly Mommy) got worried and made everyone search for me, or until the pain subsided enough to at least get myself to a better location. Making it all the way home seemed unlikely.

For about an hour I remained there, waiting. Staying awake was getting more difficult. Getting my ass kicked twice in one day was a little exhausting. But I had to try not to fall asleep. I needed to be alert if someone came by so I could get help. But even after an hour, no one had. And I was so tired. Maybe just a quick nap? Surely that'd be fine...