Until now.

_._._._._._._

Hermione had left after making sure Ginny looked great and giving her a pep talk on how to deal with 'your boyfriend's mother'. Ginny couldn't see how Hermione could have experience in such matters, as she had known her boyfriend's mother since she was a teenager.

When Draco first saw Ginny, his eyes opened wide. He hadn't seen that particular gown before. Of course, it wasn't really a surprise, since their dates now normally didn't require such formal wear. Considering that he was simply wearing what he usually would to a business meeting, Draco looked good. Only Draco could wear a very normal looking shirt, tie, and pants that could emphasize how slender and god-like he looked.

"Hey, stranger."

"You got that out of a movie." Ginny accused, laughing and momentarily forgetting her nervousness.

"So I did." He kissed her hand, mimicking something out of Victorian times. "You're looking quite Slytherin-like today. Trying to impress my mother?"

"No, but if it did, I wouldn't mind."

When Draco took her hand and started for the stairway however, Ginny felt the butterflies cavorting in her stomach once again. She stopped in her tracks.

"Alright, Ginevra?" Draco's forehead furrowed in concern.

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. "Fine, fine."

The two flights of steps leading down to the lobby were far too short a time for Ginny, who was inwardly trying to turn time backwards.

Draco sensed her uneasiness as he straightened her up after they both apparated to the Malfoy Manor.

"Ginevra, my mother is really a nice lady. You'll like her."

Ginny nodded shakily. It didn't help that the manor was huge, looming out from the darkness. She was trying her best to suppress the urge to run far away as Draco rang the doorbell.

Ginny was startled to see that it was not a house elf, butler, or maid that answered the door, but Narcissa Malfoy herself, tall and willowy. Even more shocking was that warmth that radiated from her, even though she looked so different from Ginny's own plump mother.

She kissed Draco on the cheek and turned to Ginny with a sincere smile.

"Ginny Weasley, I presume?" Narcissa's blue eyes were kind.

Ginny nodded, and then found her voice. "Yes, Mrs Malfoy."

"Don't be so formal with me, dear. Call me Narcissa."

"Alright, Mrs – er – Narcissa."

Draco smirked and whispered in her ear as they were ushered to the dining room. "See? What did I tell you?"

Ginny only had time to shoot him a piercing look before Narcissa started speaking once more.

"So how is your family, Ginny?"

"Big, as always."

Narcissa laughed softly. "How many brothers do you have, Ginny? Four, was it?"

Draco's snorted as Ginny said, "No, six."

Narcissa's eyes widened. "Seven children? Your mother must have the patience of a saint. Draco here was already a handful, and he's my only child." Ginny nodded in reply as Narcissa continued. "Not that Lucius wanted more children. One heir, and that was it for him."

Ginny was amazed at the light-hearted tone Narcissa could use when speaking of her traitorous late husband. It probably took an incredible amount of self-control on Narcissa's part, something that was probably inherited by her only son.