morning panic

WARNING: This chapter has mentions of panic attacks and intrusive thoughts

the strategy used to help panic attacks in the story are ones I use and know work, so feel free to use them.

third-person pov:

it was late in the morning when you woke up the next day, you looked at your phone to see that it was 11:30. you shot up and started pacing around minas room. because of your OCD, you became a perfectionist and have to do things in a certain order and at a specific time.  you started to panic as your intrusive thoughts start to become more vivid. you walk over to the bedroom door and check the lock three times in a row, then you move to the windows and do the same thing. you repeat this 3 more times as sero starts to wake up. he sees you pressing the lock on the door handle and windows while counting. while walking to the window you step on a wool sock and gag at the squeaky/crunching texture. needing everything to be even on your body you step on the sock with your other foot and get the same reaction.

sero's pov:

"y/n? what are you doing?" I said, still half asleep. y/n snaped their head around to look at me. once they saw me, they backed up and sat in the corner hyperventilating with their face on their knees. I got up and went to the door " ill be right back okay." I said as I slowly closed the door, as not to startle them. once the door was closed I booked it to the kitchen and grabbed the biggest lemon I could find, and a glass of water. once back in minas' room, I went over to y/n and set the water on the floor. hearing the sound of the glass on the wood they looked up and met eyes with me. 

my heart broke as I saw y/n look at me, their eyes filled with fear and pleading for me to help. I handed the lemon to y/n and said in a soft but demanding tone, "bite it." y/n took it and did exactly that, their face recoiled at the bitter taste of the rind and the sour juices of the fruit inside. once they looked at me again; this time a lot less scared I asked them to list off one by one: 5 things they saw, 4 things they felt, 3 things they heard, 2 things they smelled, and 1 thing they tasted. not saying anything I held their face in my hands and wiped away their tears. we sat there like that for a long time.

after a while I finally spoke up, "y/n...does- does this happen a lot?" y/n said nothing but slowly they nodded their head yes in response. "is there anything you do to cope?" I asked, my voice still groggy. " I normally get... things" they said reluctantly. I tilted my head confused "like what?"

first person pov:

"Promise you won't judge?" I asked. he nodded his head vigorously, eager to know. " okay I'll show you" I said, pulling my hair back into a half-up/ half-down ponytail exposing my heavily pierced ears.

 " okay I'll show you" I said, pulling my hair back into a half-up/ half-down ponytail exposing my heavily pierced ears

sero's face flushed as he compared how you looked yesterday at school, and how you look now. "h-hot" he whispered, not even realizing he said it. my face flushed a bit too, hearing what he said and remembering how held my face earlier. god, his morning voice is hot too. "is that why you always have your hair down in school?" he asked, I could see him putting the pieces together. I noded a reply, and quickly took my hair down as the others started to wake up. "this is our secret. okay?" I say, very seriously. sero nods his head and mimics zipping his lips.

third-person pov:

as the others wake up mina and Denki both understand that something is happening between you and sero, so they decide to try and set you two up. not that they'll have to try hard, you already have feelings for each other