Chapter 14 - The Panic

Start from the beginning

"I will, I promise!" Dog gasped between breaths before being released and allowed to breathe again.

    Akai tsked and watched the demon crawl out a window and towards the school. He turned to follow Ki out towards the street but they both stopped before the door.

    One of the Zone's trucks passed by the shop they were in and continued along the street.

    Ki placed his hands together and created a small portal that he used to scan the area and follow the truck. He flew the portal over near the school and hid it inside a tree. There he could see the side of the carriers that faced the school.

"You see her?" Akai asked as he leaned against a wall.

    Ki shook his head slowly, still concentrating on the portal.

"When I found Yama, he said he was sure that she died in the theatre. That she didn't make it out in time. Can't tell if the fucker is lying or not." Akai grumbled.

"He is." Ki muttered.

"Or he isn't? I mean he thought I was fucking dead until the link came back."

"You're acting as if he never lied to us before." Ki argued, referring back to the island.

     Akai huffed and went back to looking outside. He doesn't trust Yama but it's not like anyone else was there at the theatre. He honestly didn't care at this point, he wanted to know how she even got back to the Zones more than if Yama lied or not.

"I see her." Ki whispered.

     Akai got up to take a look at the portal in his hands but only saw pitch black. He tsked. "What do you see man?"

     Ki watched (Y/N) step out the carrier without her helmet on but soon place it over her head securely. He was disappointed by this, wanting to see her beauty again. She started walking towards the wall of vehicles that blocked the front entrance to the school and soon two other Capturers joined her. Not the Chief or the Second in command who are usually with her.

"She's outside of the vehicles with two others. They look like they're waiting for something."

     Soon a truck that was on patrol drove up to them and the Capturers inside exited out before unloading a demon that was tied up and dragged by its neck with a pole. It was humanoidish but it was easy to tell that it was rabid. They held its head to the ground and one kept their foot on its back to keep it from moving.

"They're having her check another demon."

     Akai snickered. "They'll probably kill the thing."

"It's not looking like that." Ki observed which made Akai narrow his eyes.

    It wasn't attempting to attack or fight back, just watching (Y/N) observe it. Ki could see its pale eyes flicker from her to the other humans before going back to her. It stopped growling and looked like it was submitting to them.

"Are you calm now?" The sound of (Y/N)'s voice coming through the portal made both demons perk up. "I apologize for having you like this. We'll release you once we're sure you won't harm us."

"Oh my god that voice~." Akai whispered with lust in his eyes. "I can listen to it forever~."

     Ki could feel himself almost purring just from hearing her voice again. It's been so long.

     They could hear grumbles from the demon tied down but couldn't make out what it was saying from where the portal was. But whatever it said made (Y/N) and the Capturers hesitate. "We aren't going to harm you as long you don't harm us. You don't have to threaten us."

     Ki decided to move the portal underneath one of the vehicles. That way he can still see and hear them better. As he got closer, the demon began to speak again but it wasn't so friendly this time either. "You think you can keep me tied down?! I'll kill all of you! I'll rip that head clean off your body, BITCH!"

     Suddenly the demon teleported into brownish-green smoke and reappeared out of the binds and darting straight towards (Y/N). She jumped back and the Capturers were quick to pull out their guns but Ki was quicker.

     The demon disappeared into black smoke this time which caused (Y/N) to freeze up.

     It reappeared inside the small shop and flew into some tables and chairs. It landed with a loud crash and groaned from the impact. But didn't have time to get up when Akai grabbed onto its arm and yanked it into the open. The demon flipped onto the floor and sucked in a breath when a spiked tail hovered dangerously over its face.

"You're gonna do what to her?" Ki growled, his single white eye beaming down onto the demon.

     It gritted its teeth once it saw the two demons standing menacingly over it. "How did I get here?! Who are you?!"

      Akai huffed before turning around, grabbing its foot, and yanking its lower leg upwards. Quickly dislocating it. The demon yelled in pain but got shushed when Akai shoved his boot over the demon's mouth. "You work for Zankoku?"

"Who?!" The demon muffled from underneath the boot. Akai pressed his foot in harder, feeling its teeth bend against the force. "I don't fucking repeat myself!"

     It shook his head in pain as a 'no' which made Akai smirked. So they can kill this one without trouble. "Good. That's all we need to know~." He looked to Ki and nodded.

     The last thing the demon saw was Akai backing away and Ki's tail lifting up before it came flying down to its head harshly. The spikes went through its skull effortlessly and killed the demon in one swing. Once it stopped moving Ki used his tail to fling the corpse across the room and out of their way. It wasn't worth torturing.

"Fucker thought he was gonna hurt her. Last mistake he'll ever make." 

      Ki growled before making the portal again and going back to spying on (Y/N). When he reached the vehicles, she had disappeared. The Capturers were still around trying to figure out where the demon went but seemed to be concerned for the Head Keeper.

"You know why she freaked out?"

"No... Maybe from how fast that thing outmaneuvered us?"

"Yea but that badly? She's around demons more than us. I don't think almost getting attacked by one would scare her that badly... She's tougher than that."

     Ki flew his portal around them and underneath a carrier, trying to find where she went. Before he moved it again, he heard quick footsteps before catching sight of her legs quickly heading inside the school. She was breathing heavily and sounded like she was holding back tears as she passed by.

    Ki would've made the portal follow her but that Chief guy saw (Y/N) and chased after her before Ki could. The dark demon growled and canceled the portal.

"What happened?" Akai asked.

"She... panicked?" Ki didn't even know himself.

"Panicked?" The blond had a 'really' kind of look. "What she panicking for?"

    He remembers his girl being around way worst demons than the one they just killed. She didn't panic then.

"That man went after her inside the school. I couldn't follow her." Ki sighed. If they can just get rid of that guy...

"We'll give that mutt a day to find out who he is. If not I'm fucking his ass up again." Akai threatened in a low voice.

    Ki nodded and the two began to leave. They needed to do their jobs after all.