𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐥𝐞

RACE CAR DRIVER'S GIRLFRIEND DIES IN HORRIFIC CRASH

DIES IN HORRIFIC CRASH.

DAILY MAIL. JUNE, 2. 2021.

Girlfriend of Lando Norris, McLaren Formula 1 Team driver, has tragically passed following a horrific crash last night just shortly after 7pm.

Scottie Sung, 21, was near the home she shared with boyfriend, Norris, and friend, Max Fewtrell, when a drunk driver reportedly lost control of their car and collided into the side of Sung's vehicle

Police at the scene reported that Sung survived the initial collision, but was then hit a second time by another vehicle involved in the crash and was propelled into an oak tree on the side of the road. Sung was announced dead at the scene due to her injuries.

It is believed that the first car had run a red light when they made contact with Sung, the second car driving as normal through a green light but had a restricted view of the crash and was unable to swerve out of the way.

Scottie's friends, family and some members of the Formula 1 community have taken to their social media accounts to pay tribute to the 21-year-old music production graduate.

"It's with a heavy heart that we confirm our beautiful daughter, Scottie, passed away last night," Her mother stated in a tribute post she released this morning. "Scottie, you were taken from us just as your life was beginning. You were my best friend, a breath of fresh air and you lit up every room you walked into.

"Words can't explain the pain and loss we all feel without you here.

"We'd like to thank everyone for their lovely messages and prayers but kindly ask people to respect our privacy as we mourn together as a family."

(See more tributes below.)

CANDICEKADE    never in a million lifetimes had i expected to write this at all, never mind so early in her life. my best friend, my unconditional love, my soul sister has passed away. scottie was pure joy and love. she was good... the best person i've ever known. she didn't deserve this 💔 i'll miss you forever, gorgeous x

GEORGERUSSELL63    scottie had such a way with people, everyone she met was just enamoured by her. may she rest in peace 🖤

CARLOSSAINZ55    a hugely felt loss today... scottie truly was an incredible person to know. thoughts are with scottie's friends, family and lando today ❤️

ALEX_ALBON    rest in peace scottie sung 💙 an angel before, an angel now...

CHARLES_LECLERC    deeply saddened by the news of my good friend passing ❤️ always with us.

view 8 more...

Police have not yet released any names of the drivers of the other vehicles involved. One driver was taken to hospital to treat his injuries but is said to be in a stable condition.

 One driver was taken to hospital to treat his injuries but is said to be in a stable condition

Lando Norris has yet to comment.