𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐁𝐈𝐀

[𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍]

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐘 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 were only four of us. I spotted Paris across the lunchroom, laughing with the perverted Darion. I wasn't angry anymore— well, I was, just not as angry as I was in the morning when I saw him hugging her.

At the same time, I felt that I had no reason to be mad. Without verbally telling me, she let me know that she felt a certain way about me. It was a little egotistical of me to think that, I'll admit. But last night, it was clear. Why else would she have been nervous? Paris was never nervous.

She didn't think I felt the same way, because of how guarded I was with my feelings. I assumed that was why she went back to Darion.

Though I was disappointed with her for doing that, I could understand why she did it. What I couldn't understand was why she wouldn't go to any other guy. She had plenty admirers, who seemed like they would drop everything just to be with her.

I mean, I didn't want Paris to be with any of them, or any guy, for that matter. I wanted her all to me, but, I couldn't because I was afraid. I was afraid that if I let Paris in . . . . I would get hurt, somehow.

If I so easily could have the courage to let her into my life, then I would in a millisecond.

I noticed that Shannon, Kristen, and Sean weren't talking at lunch. Shannon looked angry, I assumed her anger had something to do with Paris not sitting with us, Sean was had her hand in his. Nobody really said anything during lunch.

After school, I waited for Paris by the M3 with Sean.

"So why was Shannon angry at lunch?" I asked him.

"You caught that?"

"Sean, who didn't catch that? Come on now, you stroke her hand when she's angry."

"Let's just say, she and Paris got into an argument."

"About?"

"She was mad at Paris for going to sit with Darion after what happened between them."

"Shannon didn't try to stop her?"

"She did, that's why they started arguing."

"Hm," I acknowledged.

Shannon eventually came out and approached Sean and I.

"You ready to go?" he asked her.

"Yeah."

The couple embraced each other warmly, I looked away when they started kissing.

"Bye, London," they said together.

"Bye."

I was left alone then, waiting for Paris by myself. She came out with Darion, wearing a jean jacket that was too big on her. The fiend's probably.

She and the fiend walked to his car and Paris approached me, her smile slowly fading.

"Um, Darion and I are going to get something to eat. I already asked my mom, she said it's fine. So, bye." She turned and walked away, the fiend put his arm around her shoulder when she got to his car.

I got in the M3, started it quickly. While getting out of the parking lot, I made sure the car was close to Darion while going down the rows.

When I got home, I was alone—well, Cosmo was in his little bed sleeping. I tried to focus on my homework, but all I could think about was Paris and what she was doing with the fiend. It was killing me that I didn't know.

I was in the kitchen getting a snack when Diane and Ezra came home.

"You know, it's kind of hard to ground you when you don't really go out," Diane remarked.

"I know." I tried to give her a small smile.

"Where's Paris?"

"Not home yet."

"She went out after school?"

"Yeah, you let her."

"No, I didn't give her permission to go out after school. She told you that?"

"Yeah." So she lied! Just hang out with the fiend.

Ezra came into the kitchen. "Diane, what's wrong?" he asked, putting a hand on his wife's shoulder.

"Paris went out after school."

"Where'd she go?"

"I don't know. London, do you know?"

I didn't want to get Paris in trouble, she was already upset with me and I didn't want to give her more reason to hate me.

"No. She didn't disclose that to me," I answered.

"She's probably with Shannon," Diane presumed. "I'm going to call Gabrielle." (Shannon's mom.)

"I don't think that'll help, Shannon's parents are never home. Call Paris first."

I went to my room then.

It was nine when Paris finally came home and the yelling started.

"I'm here and it's not even after eleven, what is the problem?"

"The problem is no one allowed you to go," I heard Diane say. "If you would've asked then I would've let you go, but you didn't. And on top of that, you lied to London and said that I allowed you to go wherever."

"I don't think it's that serious, I'm fine. And like I said, I'm here before eleven, unlike some people. I'm sorry for worrying you."

Paris ran up the stairs after that, giving me a pointed look as she walked by my room. Something about the way she looked at me made me feel guilty.