One down, Five to go

Start from the beginning

"Now you're ready to sail for the Horn. Weigh, hey, roll and go! Our boots and our clothes, boys, are all in the pawn, To be rollicking Randy Dandy, oh."

Y/N and Peter are sitting on the couch as Peter has the controller currently. The two of them are holding cups of Fruit Punch that they're pretending is rum as they sang along.

They hear the doorbell ring, so Y/N goes off to answer it as Peter kept singing.

A few minutes later, Y/N came walking back over with a box in his hand. He drops it on the table in front of the couch and Peter looks at him.

Y/N says with a grin, "Pizza time."

As Y/N sits back down, Peter has already started attacking the pizza.

Y/N grabs a slice as Peter simultaneously eats and plays. Y/N takes a bite and thinks for a moment. He thinks back on what went down a few days ago.

He looks over at Peter as he tries not to make a mess, so as to not incur the wrath of Aunt May.

"Hey, Pete..," Y/N says.

Peter looks over at him midbite, "...Uh, Yeah?"

"You remember when I told you about the Avengers? And how Thor's my brother and such?"

Peter wipes his sleeve on his face, "Oh definitely! You think I'd forget the moment when you explained that you were a God? And not to mention, family to Thor, Odin, and Loki?"

"...Loki's dead," Y/N tells him.

Peters eyes widen, "..Oh."

"Yeah.. And it got me thinking. If I ever die-"

Peter interrupts him, "Don't say that. Never even imply that. I-I mean you're you. Bullets bounce off you."

Y/N smiles at him, "I know, it's just a 'What if..' a big 'What if..'"

They sit silently for a few minutes with sea shanties playing in the background.

Y/N continues, "...Peter, you're one of if not my number one bestfriend, you know that?"

Peter smiles somewhat sadly at that, "You're my bestfriend too.."

"That's why 'If I die', I don't wanna be buried in my suit. Nor do I want it in a museum or something.. I-I want you to have it."

"You know your suit is like 6 inches too tall for me and slightly buffer," Peter says as he lets out a somber laugh.

Y/N chuckles at that and hits Peter upside the head, "It's not to wear, numbnuts. It's a uh keepsake. Something to remember me by. Cuz I don't want you to remember me as 'Superman'"

Peter looks at him confused, "But it's your Superman suit. When people see it, they think of Superman."

"..Yeah but Superman and Peter didn't design it. Y/N and Peter did."

__________

----- November 17th, 2013 - Knowhere -----

Sif and Volstagg are guided by a pink lady through what seems to be a maze of creatures and objects in glass containers.

They come to a stop in front of a man as the pink lady announces, "I present to you, Taneleer Tivan, The Collector."

The Collector looks at the two of them before speaking, "Woh, Oh.. Asgardians, it's an honor."

He bows theatrically as a creature in one of the glass cells drops their head in disappointment.

"You know why we're here," Sif says.

The Collector stops bowing and speaks, putting emphasis on somewhat strange parts of specific words, "Of course. But if I may ask, why not keep it secure in your own vault?"

"The Tesseract is already on Asgard. It's not wise to keep two Infinity Stones so close together," Volstagg explains.

"That's very wise," Sif hands the Aether over to The Collector, "I can assure you it will be absolutely safe here... in my collection."

They look at him as he holds it strangely, and Sif tells him, "See that it is."

The Collector bows his head, Sif and Volstagg turn and leave. Sif leaves first as Volstagg stops for a moment to look around the room as if he was weirded out by the collection the man had. Volstagg eventually catches up with Sif, leaving The Collector alone with his assistant.

The Collector slowly holds the Aether away from him and looks down upon it.

"One down... five to go."

____________________