Chapter 9. Anger & Questions

Elif placed the final item on the table which was yogurt and took her seat after keeping the tray on side.

The boys were seated at Ertugrul's right side and Elif at the left side.

"Your seat have always been empty and we have felt it alot baba. Even Anne wasn't used to sit on it, she was used to say that 'this seat is for the head of the family'."

Ertugrul smiled at Savçi. Then diverted his eyes at Elif who parted her lips to say something. She looked troubled as if she is managing to get the right words out.

"He is right! But still... Anne never let us feel that we were incomplete."

Savçi cleared his throat and stared at Elif telling her to keep her mouth shut. He knew Elif was angry at their father and this was her teasing tone. He only wished that Elif won't cross the line between teasing and disrespecting.

Ertugrul smiled not feeling an ounce of anger towards Elif or her words. "Thanks to Halime that she took care of both of you so well."

Ertugrul kept the atmosphere light. He knew what Elif meant and in what context that was said but he promised himself that if he deserve to face their anger and questions then he will face it with a smile on his face but he too didn't knew that how many questions he can actually face or answer.

From the day they met and got introduced till the present day, the twins were really good with Ertugrul, very calm and composed but as Halime already prepared him, he knew that sooner or later he was supposed to face some hard hitting questions. The wall between them was still there and it could only be vanished if both Ertugrul and Halime will answer their questions.

"Let's start before it gets cold because lazy Elif might not stand up second time to heat it up." Teased Gunduz to break the uncomfortable silence, and Savçi laughed wholeheartedly while Ertugrul stiffened it.

"Yes because I don't got any traits of all those hospitality and stuff from Halime Sultan." Answered Elif as she eyed Savçi to stop laughing.

Ertugrul picked up the bread giggling and gave everyone a piece of it.

"Let's start. Bismillah."

"May Allah bless your hands Elif." Ertugrul said in the middle of eating and Elif nodded with a smile.

"May Allah bless the hands of the chef of our caravansaray." Prayed Savçi correcting Ertugrul. "Ameen!" Gunduz and Savçi said in unison and then chuckled.

"Your brothers love to tease you." Commented Ertugrul looking at Elif who looked at him for just a second then again lowered her eyes.

"Let them do it baba. If these childish acts and comments give them internal peace then let them do it." Answered Elif and now Ertugrul laughed at it. Her sharp words were impressive for him. She was alot like him, he observed that.

"I made sure that Selcuk alps treat your alps well too. I made sure that they are comfortable." Told Elif and Ertugrul responded with a smile.

"Thank you my daughter."

Elif raised her head to look at Savçi who was busy eating, she took a deep breathe and straightened in her seat leaving the food.

"I... I want to say something..." she cleared her throat when she felt the load of emotion coming out of her voice. "Actually ask you things... questions!!"

Ertugrul gulped some water down his throat and sat straight. The atmosphere was getting tensed. Savçi and Gunduz too straightened their backs.

"I... we!! We thought that when Anne will be there then we will question both of you and look for the answers that we deserve to know from both of you."