Chapter 6. Father figure

Thank you so much for 1K reads 🌼
And
Before reading this chapter make sure to read the last chapter 'equal mistake' if you haven't already. Enjoy!

"What do you think my brother?" Elif asked.

It's been three days of living with Gunduz. To be honest, the days weren't that bad, Gunduz have been trying to act normal with twins but twins too knew nothing is normal.

Him living with them is not normal. Him acting normal isn't normal. Him appearing after twelve years isn't normal. His face full of bruises isn't normal.

Him not mentioning about their father to twins till now isn't normal!!

Twins have been really reserved and more connected to each other in these three days. They were out of their place. Sitting on logs of trees beneath a tree, having a heart to heart talk.

"What to say Elif? Anne, haven't told us anything yet. She have been quite busy lately."

Savçi said with a shrug and Elif let out a dry laugh. An annoyed one.

"She is acting to be quite busy so that we would spend time with Gunduz brother."

Elif corrected and rolled her eyes at the end. Her eyes moved back to Savçi who was silent as usual.

Halime have been leaving the caravansaray alot. Going out with her alps to find proofs for Gunduz's innocence and twins are left with no other option than spending time with Gunduz.

They had no idea why Gunduz was living with them and why he came back. They had no idea that Gunduz was actually accused of a murder and they will face off their father in the trial which was expected to be held in Soğut after two days.

Gunduz was trying well to keep up with the twins but he also knew and understood that twins needed some time and space to accept Gunduz in their lives. He knew that it might take time but it will happen as it's for the whole rest of their lives too.

Yes! Gunduz too have been planning to reunite his parents. He knew after twins face off with Ertugrul, things won't remain same. He knew that his father had same plans too. He told him about what he is planning to do and how's he going to reunite everyone after the trial. Gunduz knew his part and role.

Only if some people won't interrupt.

"So what's wrong in that Elif? He is our brother. We should be close to him. Anne want us to fill that twelve years separation gap."

Elif exhaled a deep breath and stood up facing Savçi. She looked angry. Her jaw clenched.

"We can't Savçi!! No one can.... those twelve years are gone!! Long time gone!! He wasn't with us. Neither he nor.... nor our baba!"

"Nor our baba!" She repeated but this time really calmly and sat back. Savçi patted Elif's back a bit, passing her a smile. He knew his twin sister is emotional and sensitive.

"According to me, we might get to meet him soon."

Savçi softly told. This made Elif look at Savçi. Both of their gaze held hope.

"You think so?" She asked still having an essence of disbelief in her voice.

Savçi nodded. Elif shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know about him. I want to meet him but I'm scared to meet him." She confessed, lips formed a pout after completing.

"I understand Elif, but still I would like to look at him. Understand his position. Talk to him. Question him."