⚾︎| chapter three

Start from the beginning

Or maybe I am an addict, an addict that's in denial that she's one. 

She looks around, "Where are your bags?" She asked.

"On their way, I have people bringing it up."

She hummed, "Your furniture?" She asked again.

"I have people for that too."

She laughs like she's impressed, "So you have people for everything, huh?" 

"Basically." It wasn't my idea to have people for this. It was my moms, she wanted me to get everything situated and she claims I would've procrastinated. Which I totally would've done.

It was silent for a while but the sound of Coco gasping cuts all of it. "You should totally meet my friends. They'd love you!" She insists. "Well, you've met Dallas, but you'll see the other one."

She motions for me to go with her, and I went for it. I'm never the person to meet someone new but I feel adventurous.

She walks across and knocks until someone answers the door. It opens and I see a familiar guy standing Infront of me. Completely Shirtless. 

He groans pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed. "What could you possibly want at 10:56 in the God damn morning?" He opens his eyes, and our eyes meet. 

Christian. The guy I met at the library a few days ago, I knew it was him when our eyes met. He is attractive don't get me wrong but my ex's rival.

Coco looks at him disgusted. "Wow Good Morning to you too Chris. Now go put on a damn shirt, your guest doesn't seem to like the view." She pushes pass him leaving us both just standing there.

"Nice to see you again, Parker." He says in his morning voice, walking away to put on a shirt.

Parker? Who the hell is-? Oh.

 I just go inside the dorm room to find Dallas sitting at a table stuffing cereal in his mouth. "Hey Lani!" he says with cereal still in his mouth.

I smile at him, "Hi Dallas." That name is a new one and I'm not complaining I like it. He walks off to put his dish in the sink and goes to sit by Coco on the couch.

Christian walks out of his room and sits right by me scrolling thought his phone for a few minutes. I just sit there. "Am I that boring to you that your attention isn't on me?" I tease with a hint of sarcasm. 

He smirks shutting off his phone and immediately looking at me. "Take my attention."

His answer caught me completely off guard for a moment, but I collect myself like lightning. "Why, thank you Christian." I say his name like I've known him for years. I haven't but it seems like it.

"Oh, by the way guys we're going to a party tonight" Dallas says, "One of my friends said it's a back-to-school party." 

"Let me guess Chi Omega is hosting it?" Coco says standing up. I recognized that fraternity immediately. "Ya'll want to go to a frat party?" I ask them.

"Why not. I'm friends with them, it'll be cool. Kelani's first frat party at North Shore." Dallas mentions. I was down for it; I haven't been to one since I left Yark. "I'll go." I let him know and Coco agrees.

Dallas looks over at Christian, waiting to ask him about the party.

After a while Christian finally gets off the phone. "Chris we're going to a party tonight. Your down?" Dallas says

"Yeah for sure, is Kelani going?" He asks, still looking at me.

When I said I "wanted his attention." I really didn't mean it, but he keeps his word. I've never would've thought I would be hanging around the people that everyone at Yark swore were assholes.