Chapter 8 - Mission Cake

"So what do we do first? Wanna make a birthday cake? Play special games? Oh! I gotta sing you happy birthday! Happ-"

"No, stop. Anything but that" I interrupted.

"Alright then! What first?" He questioned.

"Make a birthday cake? You got ovens in the Daycare? That doesn't sound very child safe"

"Oh no, I would never a allow an oven here, no, I can go outside to get cake!" He exclaimed

"What. Wait, so you can go outside?" I questioned "But I can't?"

"Of course I can go outside! The robots won't hurt me or question my free roaming but they will detect you as an intruder and try to catch you, so you must stay here" He said walking away, surprised that he will leave me alone.

"Wait, but, you told me the lights are out everywhere else, won't Moon come out?" I questioned afraid

"Don't worry, I will take the flashlight!"

"I doubt that'll work... Say, why don't you tell me where to go, I take the flashlight and go out of the cake?" It would be nice to explore this place in the darkness.

"Oh no! It's too dangerous without knowing where to go!" He said worried, looking at me.

"Well, isn't there a way to keep communicated?"

"Hmm, there is... But it's bad out there, you shouldn't go out"

"Nonsense" I waved my hand in front of him "With your guidance nothing can go wrong, and I don't trust you going with your flashlight, what if it runs out of battery? I can go! I'm a big kid."

Sun though for a second and walked towards the flashlight in silence, he grabbed it from the floor, stared at it from a second and then turned it on. I don't know what the hell he was doing, but he looked concentrated to say the least, seeing him so quiet was unsettling. He turned the flashlight off.

"I'm sorry Sunshine, I can't risk it, the flashlight method works it won't be the first time I use it!" He winked at me "But I'll get something, stay here!" He said running to somewhere and seemingly disappearing into a wall. Well, at least I'm getting cake. I looked around bored waiting for him until he jumped from the weird castle on the wall into the ball pit. That's one hell of a fall.

"I'm back! Here, have this!" He walked towards me and showed me some watch in his hands.

"I already have a watch" I showed him my wrist

"I'm aware! And it's beautiful! But this is a Faz-Watch, we can stay communicated with it!" He jazzed his hands. A appreciate the compliment of my watch but it's just a circle screen with a dirty red band.

"Oh, cool." I watched it. "How does it wo-"

"Hey Sunshine!" The watch yelled out, I looked back to me and saw that Sun was already next to the exit door.

There was a mic button that I supposed that activated the mic so I pressed it and talked into it "Does this work?"

"Yes!" He screamed through it, I heard it through both the watch and real life, he wasn't that far and he screamed a lot "You're just so smart! I'll be back, pinky promise!" He said walking out of the big door.

He walked away and I watched him skip away with the flashlight. So that's that. Now? I could use my phone, or do something more productive like making a blueprint of the play structures bullshit, do those have a name? No I can't do that, how do you make a blueprint of those? If I even somehow managed to make them I don't think I would understand them even if I did them myself and I probably don't have to go there again, at least not with Moon. Oh God Moon, I'm gonna defeat him with the power of friendship, that is Twilight's job man, not mine, Moon didn't watch My Little Pony and it shows.