𝐱𝐱𝐱. the kidnapping of eggs benedict

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧—chapter thirty: the kidnapping of eggs benedict

December 7, 1993

NEITHER OF THEM EVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THE ODDITY OF THE RENTAL PLACE'S LOCATION UNTIL NOW. One, it was under William's house. Two, on the map in the Breaker Room, you were able to see, but just barely, the locations of the dreaded hallway where Michael had had to fend off Nightmare BB and Plushtrap, Michael's old bedroom, and the old diner. Three, that layout of the diner appearing on the break panel meant there was a secret passageway in the Circus Gallery to get to Fredbear's. Four, Fredbear's closed in December of '83, so why the hell was that passageway there?

Whatever its purpose was, William was a very strange man, nonetheless.

Michael rubs his hands together as he enters the elevator with Eva, the door closing once they get settled in. He's nervous all over again. This night might turn out worse than yesterday. Yesterday had been worse than the first night. What if each night was worse than the one previous? It seemed to be that way, at least.

"Welcome back to another pivotal night of your thriving new career, where you get to really ask yourself: 'What am I doing with my life?', 'What would my friends say?', and most importantly, 'Will I ever see my family again?' We understand the stresses of a new job, and we're here for you."

Eva groans. She was fed up with this machine, and so was Michael. Did the HandUnit ever shut up?

"To help you reach a more stable and relaxing frame of mind, we offer several musical selections to help make this elevator ride as relaxing and therapeutic as possible. We offer contemporary jazz, classical, forest ambiance, as well as a wide selection of other choices." The keypad then appears in front of Michael, the screen still bugging out. "Using the keypad below, please type the first few letters of the musical selection you would prefer."

Michael doesn't even care this time. He presses the screen, just once, and the seven green dots appear with the error message.

"It seems that you had some trouble with the keypad—I see what you are trying to type, and I will autocorrect it for you. Thank you for selecting: Casual Bongos."

"Casual Bongos?" Michael questions, raising an eyebrow.

Eva starts laughing when the music plays upon seeing her brother's confused reaction to how ridiculous the music sounded.

"Now that your elevator experience has been customized to meet your needs, and you're thoroughly relaxed, it's worth mentioning that due to your lackluster performance yesterday, your pay has been decreased by a substantial amount. Please enjoy the rest of your the rest of your descent."