02

SEPTEMBER 2016

Don't cast that spell. It's too dangerous.

Do you realise what you've done, Strange?

You have to fix this. Now.

For the sake of the multiverse, you have to let go of your selfish desire. You have swore the oath to protect this universe.

Come back, Strange.

Stephen jolted awake in cold sweat. He was breathing heavily, eyes blown wide open as he stared at nothingness. His heart was beating wildly in his ribcage that Stephen feared it might actually burst out of his chest.

Stephen clasps his hands over his head and shuts his eyes closed tightly. He feels his trembling hands gripping his head tightly to the point where his fingers start to hurt. He runs his hands through his hair, tugging it slightly in distress before letting his hands drop to the table in front of him.

Stephen glares at his scarred hands, the constant pain that resides in his hands hurts a little more today. He has an unsettling feeling bubbling in his stomach that he just could not shake it off. Stephen noted that he is extra jittery and paranoid the moment he wakes up from his sleep. He wonders if it was related to the dream he had earlier.

What was the dream about, once again? Stephen frowns as he tries to wreck his brain trying to remember what he had just dreamt. Whatever he had dreamt earlier was immediately forgotten the moment he woke up.

He suppressed his sigh as he slowly took in his surroundings, ignoring his tensed neck and shoulders from sleeping at such an awkward position with his head on the desk. That was when he realised he was back at his old apartment — before he moved to Kamar-Taj and then to the New York Sanctum, or also known as Sanctum Sanctorum.

The apartment is empty and bare other than a couple of boxes placed by the door. His eyes trailed back to the papers and notebooks that were spread out all over the table.

Picking up the papers, he began skimming through. It was a bunch of paperworks to sell off his apartment. He paused at the small slip of paper in between the other documents. It was a one-way plane ticket to Kathmandu, Nepal.

Stephen vividly remembers the time where he gave up every single thing in order to find a cure for his damaged hands even if there is a slim chance that it can repair his hands to the way it used to be before the tragic car accident.

It was not the best moment in his life. Stephen was pulled out of the comfort of his life doing something he is good at to not being able to do anything at all. He was confused, lost, angry and hurt.

The conflicting emotions clashing with his ego and his prideful attitude caused him to lash out at everyone who cares for him and isolate himself from others while obsessing to find new ways to cure his unfixable hands.

Thinking back at the way he handled things back then got Stephen to cringe at the memory.

Stephen pulled out his phone and turned it on.

10 September 2016

Stephen sighs. So he really is back to the past, huh? That means that his last minute spell has worked.

Talking about spells made Stephen remember the real purpose why he was sent back to the past. Peter.

Did Peter safely make it to the past? He assumed so since he is perfectly fine right now. Stephen bets that Peter is confused right now and he doesn't even blame him. After all, Stephen was the one who changed the spell without informing Peter about it.