Rayvis chuckled in amusement. "But those Izadellian merchants are selling much higher quality fabrics than what we already have," He raised a slender hand up to his lips. "It seems our future emperor is the type to discipline his people well."

Glancing up at the marquess beside him, Daniel heaved a small sigh. "It was you who suggested I lived among the common people for that reason. This kind of outcome is exactly what you Cherlianns wanted, is it not?" His gaze sharpened a little bit. "They don't call you the empire's watchdogs for nothing."

Rayvis lifted his gloved hand up in an idle wave. "I can't be a suitable weapon without having a sharp edge, can I?" A faint twinkle of rascality lit up those sky-blue eyes as he shrugged. "You are my future after all, Your Highness."

Those words elicited a look of slight disgust from the prince. "Please don't say it like that."

Rayvis laughed at this, silvery locks of straight hair falling over a broad shoulder. "Oh? Come on now! If you can't handle me, how do you expect to get along with your future empre-"

"Anyway, I'll be taking my leave now." Daniel interjected, already tired of Rayvis' teasing. As he gently tugged the hood concealing his identity further over his face, he swiftly swept by and disappeared into the shadow of a passing crowd of nobles.

In turn, the silver-haired man only chuckled with lips curling up into a slightly devious smirk. Things are going to start getting more interesting from now on.

Meanwhile — on a carriage several streets away, a pair of curious golden eyes gazed out at the view from the window in wonderment. Flocks of nobles were everywhere, which was truly a sight to behold. Considering how many people were clustering amid the streets, Irene wasn't too confident they would be able to find many things that hadn't already been bought.

Then again, the Cherlianns were arguably the most influential house in Laydel as of now. They would likely be given immediate access to the highest-quality fineries simply by showing up.

Mikael sat silently beside the white-haired girl, and on the cushioned seat opposite them, the Duchess of Cherliann was situated, as she admired the view just like her daughter.

"It definitely is livelier than usual, don't you think?" Sarah asked, her tone amazed.

"To think the people are this desperate to look good in front of Prince Daniel..." Irene pondered for a moment, both in awe of that fact whilst simultaneously unsurprised. Considering the first prince took after his mother, he was very much well-loved by the nation since his birth. The people must have been waiting a very long time in anticipation, for him to finally take over.

"So, Your Highness, how do you feel?" Sarah asked the blonde, leaning her head in the palm of her hands as she smiled excitedly. "Soon the entire Empire is going to meet Prince Daniel. Aren't you looking forward to seeing your brother?"

He hesitated for a moment, gaze downturned and fixed to his feet. Irene surveyed his expression, and there was a look of reluctance in Mikael's pristine blue eyes.

"I'm not sure what to expect." Was all he responded with. For some reason, he seemed a little bit down.

As she pondered about the reason why, the wheels beneath their seats crunched gingerly over the gravelly road, before pulling to a stop at a parking lot for nobles' transportation. Outside, numerous faces marvelled at the sight of the grand Cherliann's silver carriage.