Chapter 3

[ New York ]

Strange shook his head as he took another bite from a french bagel, taking in the scene of America Chavez eating inside a Starbucks near Bleecker's Street.

It may have been a regular scene on a regular day, but it wasn't. Still shrouded in their sorcerer gear, everyone in the area were wondering what two wizards were doing at Starbucks with a teenager that looked like she had just came from summer camp.

Despite the glances and looks, they carried on with their business.

"I want you to answer me again," Strange with a serious face asked, "What are you doing here? Where from the multiverse do you come from?"

"Jesus, Strange." Wong spoke to Strange like they had all the time in the world. "Can't you finish your bagel first?"

"If I recall correctly, a dangerous being just entered unto a New York street and caused collateral damage. Not too mention, it almost killed you?!" Strange inquired, yet neither Wong nor America gave a look. "You've got to be kidding me."

"The most important is that no one got hurt. Especially at that wedding." The Sorcerer Supreme mentioned. "And for you, it actually stopped."

"You have to get that off me," Strange sighed.

He stared at America. She was trying to play everything calm—eating away at her food and frowning at the same time. Something wasn't right with her, and it rubbed Strange off in the wrong way. The way she was acting was totally out of character which was evident to someone like Strange. He may have not been proficient at that course, but he still managed to learn a thing or two from outside peers.

This America Chavez—a teenager who had came from the Multiverse—was standing mere meters away from him. A threat he had religiously studied through the course of the past weeks; the Multiverse had given him a being from that same set.

"I know I've told him to calm down, but you have to tell us something." Wong turned into a more appropriate tone. "Although we've been kind to you, it doesn't excuse us for suspecting that you are a threat to our universe because as you said, you've come from a neighbouring one."

Strange added, "Look, kid, we don't want this whole ordeal to be complicated. As sorcerers, we're trying to find the next big thing. I've been telling our Sorcerer Supreme—"

"Sorcerer Supreme?" She blurted out, confused more on the context rather than the term.

"Uh, yes..." Strange stuttered. "Wong here is the Sorcerer Supreme of this realm—also known as one of the greater practitioners in the mystic arts—and we've been trying to find out more about this multiverse."

"Y—yeah... alright." America didn't seem like she was paying attention to his explanation, which Strange shrugged off as more of a "teenager" thing.

"It's actually more of him; Strange has been delving deep into the multiverse. I was telling him to lay it off, yet here I stand corrected." Wong said, taking a sip of his chocolate beverage.

"That isn't the point," Strange pointed to the center of the table. "I want to get to the bottom of this. And for that to happen, I need you to explain why you're here."

At the thought, America grinned. "You mind me ordering some more?"

"......"

Strange left his mouth open from that statement. Never did this kid strike to him as someone who could demand something, even as she displayed annoyingness from the battle earlier. Seeing as though she was not kidding, Strange raised his hand to a server.