Chapter 1

[ Sanctum Sanctorum ]

-Time.

A concept in which we know little about.

Even with the power of the Time Stone in his hands for a certain time, Stephen Strange wasn't able to fully grasp its full potential over that period. Its power and abilities were still a mystery to him up to this date. The Ancient One may have known a thing or two that were kept out of the knowledge of all sorcerers, but it had to be hidden somewhere.

And that was what Strange was doing at this point in time-flipping through countless of textbooks in the Sanctum's library hoping to find a single detail that gave the sorcerer a sense of understanding with the Time Stone.

Although it was destroyed, Strange hadn't given up in learning the dangerous stone's powers. Yes, the book he had read many years ago was still present, but it had all the basic information of the Time Stone you would know by just having it. Tapping into it's creation would certainly bring him closure with the stone.

That infinity stone brought many things-the Avengers defeat and victory, Kaecilius' thirst for immortality at the hands of the stone and Dormammu, and it even drove Mordo away to a life that is still not known to many sorcerers today. However, just the thought of Mordo sends shivers down the spine of Strange.

He shook his head and continued flipping through the textbooks. His mind was once disturbed by more books being plopped onto the table by a certain friend in front of him, "Not done reading that? How many times do I have to tell you-the Time Stone is destroyed and it is best for all of us to forget about it."

That was Wong's mindset when it came to that artifact. He had seen both present and past iterations of it, and so he prefers to leave the memory of it behind.

"You've spent countless nights wasting your time trying to figure out trivia about an item that no longer exists." Wong argued, now placing his cup of tea on the table and sitting down. "Are you even listening?"

"Y-yes, I am." Strange annoyingly nodded, still reading. "And I'd rather not be disturbed at this moment."

"You do know you're going against the orders of the Sorcerer Supreme?" Wong smiled.

"Alright," Strange sighed and went on with it. "There can be two Sorcerer Sup-"

"No one allowed you to be bitter about it, Strange." With all that said, he was now smirking at his inferior. "The duties of the master of the mystic arts is much more utilised in... let's say, other chores in the Sanctum."

"Yeah, like what?"

"There's still snow from th-"

"There's still snow?!" Strange raised his voice, which garnered a hiss from his superior.

"Quiet; we're in a library." Wong warned, before continuing. "I'm just saying, Strange. You finding out something new about the Time Stone won't change anything because it's already destroyed."