Leaving Paradise - CHAPTER 84

Start from the beginning

After years on top of years, the traveling was finally over. Of course, dealing with baggage at the airport sucked, but it wasn't that bad. The two walked through and out of the airport hand in hand, now husbands, which was the best feeling ever.

Marcelo and Remi Reid.

Remi ended up taking another nap in the car. Jet lag was slowly beginning to catch up with him, so he tried his best to nip it in the bud knowing that Elio would be wide awake seeing that it was now morning where they lived. Marcelo on the other hand did his ultimate best to fight against his jet lag. No matter how tired he was, he would never, ever put Remi's life in danger.

And he didn't.

The two made it to Jaxon and Damon's apartment safe and sound. They parked right in the front and made their way to the familiar door with the beautiful door mat in front of it with the words, 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓮𝓼, on it. They knocked on the door and waited patiently–or more like they just barely hid their impatient-ness.

Seconds of waiting turned into half a minute before the door opened and Jaxon appeared on the other end. He was holding Paxton in his arms who yipped upon seeing Remi. He hopped into Remi's arms and licked all over his face.

"Oh my goodness! Hi, Pax. I missed you," Remi giggled, rubbing the puppy's fur. Then, he glanced up at Jaxon who looked stressed as hell.

"Are you... alright? Elio didn't give you any gray hairs, did he?" Remi asked.

"Oh my god," Jaxon winced. "What the hell is wrong with your voice?"

Remi blushed and rubbed at his throat. Jaxon saw Marcelo smirk, and that was all that he needed to know.

"Nope, never mind. And no, Elio's fine. He calmed down after he talked to you guys. My child on the other hand just pooped all the way up her back not even twenty minutes ago so sorry if I smell like baby shit."

Remi and Marcelo chuckled.

"Been there, done that with Elio. Speaking of Elio, where is he?"

"Geez, do I not get a hello?" Damon said as he came around the corner.

"Hi," Remi rushed out.

"Hello," Marcelo rushed out just as quickly. "Now where's our child?"

"Stop being sassy and come in and see him."

Remi and Marcelo flew past Jaxon and Damon. They walked into the Stones's living room and they saw Elio sitting on the couch in front of little Rayne who was lying on her back with a foot in her mouth. "Wayne, no feet. Get it out mouf," he said, making Remi giggle lowly.

Despite how low the giggle was, Elio heard it. He knew that voice from anywhere. He flew around to look at where the noise came from. He moved so fast that Remi thought he'd get whiplash. As soon as Elio saw Remi, his face lit up.

"MAMA!" he yelped, jumping up from the couch and running over to Remi. Remi scooped him up and hugged him as tightly as he could with Paxton in his other arm, caressing his little red curls.

"Hey, sweet boy."

"You reawwy here."

"Yeah, I'm really here. And look at who else is here," Remi said, pointing to Marcelo who'd been hidden at first. Elio gasped and jumped into Marcelo's arms.

"DUHDUH!"

"Hey, man."

"Fisth bum, DuhDuh," Elio said, sticking his little fist out. Marcelo hit his own fist against Elio's and made weird sound effects that made Elio giggle. Remi pouted at how cute it sounded before wrapping his arms around Marcelo so that he was embracing both Elio as well as Marcelo.

Jaxon and Damon cooed at the family. They were cut off, however, when a tiny little cry broke out from little eight month old Rayne. Elio hopped down from Marcelo's arms and waved his parents over to the couch. "Come see sisser."

Remi grinned at the fact that Elio still considered Rayne his sister. He and Marcelo followed him over to the couch and sat down next to him while he rubbed Rayne's little hand.

"Sisser get big."

"She is, isn't she?" Jaxon asked as he and Damon sat on the other side of Rayne.

Elio watched as Rayne rolled over and crawled over to him. She made grabby hands at him and cooed cutely. Elio wrapped his arms around her and shut his eyes as he hugged her, rubbing her little back. "Love oo, sisser."

And if that wasn't the cutest thing.

--------------------

"Come on, Eli," Remi called out for Elio after they'd just taken a shower. Elio followed Remi out with the little towel that was wrapped around his shoulders and over his body. Marcelo was sitting on the chest in front of the bed, waiting for them to finish up. "You can go ahead, Celo."

Marcelo went to take his shower as Remi got Elio's things ready, setting out his baby lotion and pajamas. "Eli, go ahead and put lotion on and pick out your underwear. I'll help you put your pajamas on when I get back."

"Kay, Mama."

Remi went back into the bathroom after grabbing his night clothes and the things that he needed. He shut the door and saw Marcelo showering. He wished that he could join, but he'd already taken a shower with Elio and needed to get back out to Elio anyway.

Therefore, Remi took his towel off of his body and quickly put lotion on his whole body, trying his best to ignore Marcelo's pleading as he begged—okay, maybe not begged, but as he asked Remi to join his shower. After lotioning up, Remi got dressed in his pajamas and brushed his teeth before leaving the bathroom to see Elio lying down on the bed using his towel as a blanket.

"Okay, sorry, Eli. Did you put your underwear on?"

"Yah," Elio said as he sat up. Remi giggled when he saw a smudge of lotion on Elio's nose. He wiped it up, causing Elio to giggle himself. "Tickles, Mama." Remi smiled and sat down on the edge of the bed before helping Elio into his pajamas.

Once Elio was all finished, he looked around, seemingly panicked.

"What is it, Eli?"

"I-I don't know where Eli-phant is."

"Did you leave him with Rayne?"

"No," Elio shook his head, no, frantically.

"It's okay. He might be in your room. Let's go look."

Elio jumped off of the bed and scurried his legs out of the room. Remi followed behind him and before he could even make it to Elio's room, Elio was already running out with his stuffed elephant in his hands. "GOT ELI, MAMA. GOT ELI!"

Remi smiled and scooped Elio up into his arms. "I see. You must've left him here while you were at Uncle Jax's."

"Yah. Eli-phant sad now," Elio frowned.

"No, he isn't. He's happy that you found him."

Elio's frown turned into a smile. Remi's heart exploded. He hugged Elio tightly and kissed his temple just as he walked into the room. Marcelo was there putting his things away. He smiled when he saw his family come back in. He walked over to them and hugged them tightly, never wanting to let go. As he hugged the two, Marcelo leaned towards Remi's ear and whispered, "I won't take this second chance for granted."

And Remi's heart proceeded to explode once again.