A Kiss to Your Wrist is Better Than None

Start from the beginning

"C'mon dude, don't fight with Cartman on your birthday, it's not worth it."

"Yeah Kyle, don't fight with me on your birthday," Cartman mimics with a shitty Stan impression. Kenny punches him in the arm.

The four of them load into Kenny's truck and take a joyride around town, blasting music and yelling at people on the street. Kyle and Stan throw empty soda cans at Craig and Clyde when they see them, laughing hysterically when Craig flips them off as they drive away.

Kenny takes them a little outside of South Park, to the point where they only see dirt and farmland. He drives his truck off the road, and he mindlessly turns the wheel every so often as the four of them sing along to crappy radio songs and playfully punch each other.

"So Kyle," Kenny starts as the high dies down a little, "What's your wrist say?"

Stan and Cartman turn to Kyle in curiosity, and Kyle pulls down on the sleeve of his jacket to further cover up the words that are surely there.

"I don't know yet, I don't want to check it until the end of the day."

Cartman makes a fart noise with his mouth in opposition while Kenny and Stan let out their own groans.

"But I wanna know what it is!" Stan whines, getting an eye roll from Kyle.

"And you will know what it is! Just not right now."

"Can't be worse than mine," Kenny cuts in as he looks at his own wrist. The words: Why do you smell so bad? etched on his skin still make Cartman go into a laughing fit.

Kenny smiles like he's done with life.

"I hope whoever my Soulmate is has something better on them, because I honestly don't know how I would respond to something like that."

Kyle and Stan join in on Cartman's laughter.

After screwing around across town, Kenny drives them to Kyle's house where the four of them play video games until the sun goes down. Eventually, Kyle's mom brings out a cake with a candle in it, and they sing happy birthday with Kenny adding intentional voice cracks and Stan trying to harmonize with them. Kyle laughs as he blows out the candle, and Stan gives him a side hug in congratulations.

After a few more hours, Kenny and Cartman say their goodbyes and go home, but not before Kenny makes Kyle promise that he tells them what his wrist says the moment he finds out.

Stan shuts the front door and turns around to face Kyle, then goes up to hug him for what feels like the thousandth time that day. Kyle snorts as he brings his arms around Stan.

"Dude, why are you so clingy today?"

Kyle feels Stan go tense, like he didn't realize and is suddenly embarrassed.

"Sorry sorry," he says, but doesn't make any move to let go. "I guess... I'm kinda scared?"

Kyle feels worry creep up his spine, but before he can ask what's wrong, his mom tells them that it's getting late and they should get ready for bed. Stan is sleeping over, as he usually does, and especially since it's one of their birthdays.

The two fight over the sink while they brush their teeth and Stan talks with Ike while Kyle changes into pajamas.

"Who do you think Kyle's Soulmate is?" Ike asks after they complain about their parents. Stan smiles a little.

"Oh man, I don't know. I don't even know what his wrist says yet. But whoever they end up being will be lucky to have him."

Ike's eyebrows go up slightly, and he smiles knowingly. Stan doesn't know if he likes the look.