Seventeen

Petra helped me get dressed the next morning, she was so careful of my shoulder as she helped me put my shirt and jacket on. I felt like a child having to be dressed " Hey, we all got injured during a battle. It's okay that you need help" " I know, I just wish I had been faster so it wouldn't have happened" " Y/n it's okay, a few weeks and you'll be back to normal" she smiled at me. Once I was dressed we went downstairs and sat together at breakfast. I noticed Erwin staring at me from the head table, I rolled my eyes as I looked back, taking spoon fulls of my porridge earning a smile from him. Levi looked at the two of us with a confused look on his face before I quickly turned my head away. " So can we ask why you and Levi haven't been talking?" Eld asked " Eld we said we wouldn't ask" Petra scolded him.

" It's okay, I'm pretty sure we broke up. I'm not really sure, but I snapped at him and he ended up calling me Cadet and we haven't spoken since". " I'm so sorry" Eld gave me an awkward side hug to avoid my shoulder " Hey, if you ever need a friend I'm always here" He smiled at me " Us too" Gunther smiled at me " Thanks guys". Levi came over to our table soon after " Oi get your asses up, it's time to head to court. Arlert, you're by me as you're a witness" " Yes captain" I nodded. He had a sour look on his voice before walking away " By the walls" Petra gasped " I told you" I sighed before getting up.

We made our way to court and stood in our assigned places while Hange and Moblit brought Eren to court. The doors opened, Moblit bringing Eren inside the court and kneeling him down, his hands chained behind his back as a pole slowly rose from the ground to keep him in place. Zackery started the hearing by speaking with the Military Police first, asking them what they would do with Eren and how they plan on keeping him safe from the public. Eren yelled out at them about not being a danger " I'd never hurt anyone! I want to kill the titans just like the rest of us!" " According to the Trost report, you first attacked Ms. Ackermann before taking a hold of Ms. Arlert and throwing her into a building, resulting in her having a broken left hand and broken left shoulder".

Eren turned to me with a shocked expression on his face " I did that?" He asked. The Military Police carried on with their plan before Eren started losing his mind. " You've never even fought a titan before! You're all a bunch of cowards! I'm the key to saving humanity so put your faith in me!" He yelled out. Levi hopped the fence and kicked Eren straight across the face, his tooth flying out of his mouth and across the court room floor as Levi started kicking him senseless. Once Eren had his head hung low he stopped, " I heard he took town twenty titans before he ran out of juice, could you imagine how useful that could be. How much stronger we'd be with a titan of our own". " He's a danger to us all!" A soldier from the military police yelled, " And if you had control of him, would you be able to take him down like I just did? Or would you be too busy pissing your pants?" Levi scoffed at them.

" Erwin what would the survey corp do if they had Eren in their custody?" Zackery asked. Erwin told Zackery about his plan, how he would use Eren to plug up the hole in wall Maria before venturing out beyond the walls with him. Zackery was reluctant at first but placed Eren with the Survey Corp, directly under Levi's supervision. Hange and I took Eren into a separate room to take care of his wounds while Levi and Erwin went into detail with Zackery about what we would need to do to keep him.

" Y/n I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you" " I'm fine Eren, really" " But you broke your bones" " Nothing a few weeks of rest won't fix, now come on we need to look after you. Captain Levi really took it out on you". The door swung open as Levi walked in the room and sat next to Eren, making him jump " You don't hate me do you?" Levi asked " No sir, I understand why you did it. You needed to make a point that you could control me if I got out of control" " Glad you see why I did what I did. You'll be part of my squad until further notice, so pack up all of you. We have to move back to the old scout building, to make sure nobody accidentally wonders onto Eren in his titan form".

I left with Petra as she helped me pack up, Eld carrying my bag out with me. We went out to the stables to get our horses when Gunther stopped me from getting on my horse. " No way am I letting you ride by yourself in your condition. Come on you're riding with me" " What? I can ride by myself" " That's not happening so come on". I groaned as he helped me onto his horse before jumping on behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he grabbed onto the reins of both my horse and his own. I thought I saw Levi give Gunther a look but I must have imagined it. We rode for what felt like hours before we finally made it to the old building and by the walls it was filthy.

" We have to live in this?" Eld asked as he helped me down, " How?" " We're going to clean it idiots!" Levi yelled. " We have till the end of the day to make this place liveable, Hange and her team arrive tomorrow so let's go". Levi signed everyone a floor before turning to me, " What about me Captian?" " You sit down and shut up, you're in no condition to do anything so stay out here and out of the way, got it?" " Yes sir" I mumbled before walking away with an obvious sad expression on my face, I don't think I'm going to be able to survive being apart of his squad anymore, at this rate I think it might be easier on the both of us if I get transferred to Hanges team, it might make everything easier on us.