Fifteen

I followed Levi and Erwin into the basement of the court where they kept Eren chained. I gasped when I saw him, a bandage wrapped around his head, his arms had chains around them that reached to the wall. " Do you have to keep him locked up like this?" " Y/n I'm sorry but it's the only way to keep him secure". Erwin patted my shoulder " I know he's your friend-" " He's not my friend, I'm the only family he has left" " You're not related to him in anyway Y/n" Levi spoke up. " Levi I swear to the walls-" " Hey, we don't need you stressed out Y/n. I have this from here, go rest" " No, I'm not leaving him alone". " We're here" " I don't really trust you right now Levi. In fact I don't want you near my kids, so stay away from us" I spat at him. Levi looked genuinely hurt at my words, turning his head to the side and leaning against the wall. " Y/n?" I snapped my head to Eren and sighed " Thank the walls your okay" I smiled " Where am I? What happened?" " Unfortunately you can't hear any of what we're about to discuss" Erwin turned to me " I'm sorry" " It's okay, I'll go check on the rest of the kids".

I made my way to the mess Hall and sat down beside Armin, " Eren's okay. He's talking to Commader Erwin now". " How are you feeling?" Armin asked " I'm fine" " No your not. You got hurt you should be resting" " I'd rather talk to you two. I haven't spoken to you properly since I left to join the cadets. I never got the chance to ask how you survived after grandpa". " It was difficult but we made it through. We all made it though the training and now we're here. We even managed to survive our first mission" " I'm proud of you guys" I smiled at them, tears slowly falling down my cheeks." Y/n" Mikasa whispered " I mean look at how much you've grown. Your not the scared little kids anymore" " Well look at yourself. I'm happy you managed to make something of yourself, and you managed to find love again" Armin smiled.

" Yeah, I think I managed to fuck that up though" " I'm sure that's not true". " I said something I shouldn't have, I don't think we're on the best of terms right now" " Don't be ridiculous!". I yelled out in pain as arms threw themselves around my neck and pulled me back " Hange that hurts!" " Oops sorry" she smiled. " What were you saying?" Armin asked her " Levi loves you, he wouldn't leave you just because of an argument. Look how much he hates me, yet he still makes sure I'm good and looks out for me. You are his princess, you're not getting away from him" Hange grinned.

" If you feel bad, maybe you should go apologies?" " Yeah, I will. Thanks Armin, I promise I'll sit with you at dinner". He nodded and shoved me off, I waited outside the door for Levi and Erwin to finish their little chat with Eren. When the door opened I turned my head, making eye contact with Levi before he walked away. " Levi!" I yelled after him, he stopped and turned to me " What is it Cadet?". My eyes widened as I felt my heart break in my chest " Well? I haven't got all day!" " I-i wanted to say I'm sorry" " Tch, tell that to someone who cares" He spat before storming off. I stared at him as he walked away, my chest was so heavy and my eyes stung as I tried to hold back my tears.

I composed myself before going back into the mess hall, sitting beside Armin. " How did it go?" He smiled " I don't want to talk about it" " Y/n?" " Please just drop it". I picked at my food, just moving it around my plate with my fork. I've been with Levi for two years, I didn't think he'd ever get so angry and spit at me like that. " Y/n are you okay? You haven't touched your food" Mikasa spoke up, breaking my thoughts. " Yeah, just not hungry" " Not hungry?" " Here, one of you guys can eat it". I stood up and walked away, ignoring Armins calls.

I kept my eyes glued to the door, walking past Levi without so much as a glance towards him, leaving the mess hall and disappearing into the night. In the middle of the town was a long stair case, I made my way about half way down before stopping and dropping to the ground. I couldn't stop the tears that made their way down my cheeks, I sobbed into my hands as I felt that burning pain in my chest again. The burning pain of my heart breaking over another man. I looked up at the night sky, the moon shining bright " Maybe I wasn't meant to have a relationship. It seems like I'm just bad luck in them". I rubbed the back of my neck and froze, my fingers rubbing off the cold metal.

I unchained my necklace and looked at it. Levi had given me this as a gift on our first anniversary, it was to symblose our love for each other. It was a thin chain with a small heart on the end of it, " So much for love". " So this is where you disappeared to" I snapped my head to the side " Commander Erwin" " Please, we've been friends for two years now Y/n. Call me Erwin". He sat down beside me, glancing down at the chain in my hand " It's a beautiful necklace" " Then you can have it" I put it in his large hand. " Tell Levi he can have it back, give it to whoever he falls in love with next". " Y/n, just because you had an argument-" " He called me cadet". Erwin stopped talking and gave me a small sad smile " I'm sure he didn't mean it" " We've had a hundred arguments Erwin, and we've always made up. He only calls people Cadet when he stops respecting them. So as much as I love him, I think this is the end of us".

Erwin rubbed my shoulder supportively, " You know he'll change his mind. Keep the necklace, apologise". " I tried to, and he spat in my face" " Y-" " Please Erwin, just leave me alone". I took in a shaky breath as tears slowly started falling down my cheeks again, " If that's what you wish. Youre always welcome at my door Y/n, no matter the time". As his footsteps became more distant, the harder it was to hold back my tears. I threw my arms around myself as I cried, trying to at least comfort myself but I knew it wouldn't work. Levi was the love of my life, and I blew it.