Made For Loving You (JVH624)

Story by: JVH624

Author of:

"Prompt Me",
"Perspectives",
"Faith In Me"

Title of the story: "Made For Loving You"

Song: "I Was Made For Loving You" by Tori Kelly and Ed Sheeran

A dangerous plan, just this timeA stranger's hand clutched in mineI'll take this chance, so call me blindI've been waiting all my life

A stranger's hand clutched in mine
I'll take this chance, so call me blind
I've been waiting all my life

Please don't scar this young heart
Just take my hand

I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming, I don't know what we should do
All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

Seven Years Ago

Dylan Wang took a big slurp from the bowl of extra spicy ramen noodles in his hands, set it aside, and picked up his pencil to jot down some notes. The scalding soup almost burned his tongue, but he paid scant attention to that - his mind was singularly focused on the geometry book before him. He desperately needed to pass the upcoming midterm or he would certainly be suspended from the basketball team. Maybe he'd even get kicked off the team, permanently. Shuddering at the horrific thought, Dylan quickly shook his head and concentrated once more. He needed to play basketball. Not just because it was his favorite sport or that he was ridiculously talented at it, but because it was his way out.

And he really, really needed to get out.

So when he heard Chen Xiao (head cheerleader and his very vocal admirer) call out his name in the quad, his first instinct was to bolt. Because really, he had no time for a girlfriend and even if he did, it certainly wouldn't be her. He'd been chased by many girls before and each one had quickly left with her tail between her legs after his polite but firm rejection. But not Chen Xiao - she was truly in a league of her own. No matter how many times he said no, she took it as a challenge and insisted that it was all going to pay off in the most romantic of yeses. She was misguided and terribly wrong, but she couldn't be deterred.

Which meant he should have started running five minutes ago.

***

"I love him."

Li Jiaqi looked up from her magazine and saw her best friend, Shen Yue, staring dreamily across the quad. Her eyes followed the trajectory and, as expected, collided with a very tall, very handsome, very familiar face. Yang Yang, captain of the basketball team and top student, had been Yue's crush since he moved in next door even though he was two years ahead of them. Since that very first meeting, Yue had been infatuated. She learned all his likes and dislikes and made it a point to be interested in all of his interests. Unfortunately, his primary interest was sports and Yue couldn't throw a ball to save her life. In fact, her struggle in gym class was threatening her nearly perfect grade point average. But she chose to disregard all that - despite their differences, Yang ge had always been friendly and kind to her. No matter how many girls relentlessly chased him after basketball practice to invite him out for food or to go to the movies, he always gently turned them down; not only that, he chose to walk home with her instead. She knew in her heart that definitely meant something.