Say You Do (thumbekil)

Story by: thumbekil

Author of:

"One Night By The Door",
"One Of A Kind Of Proposal",
"2am In Santorini",
"Warmer Now",
"Walk with me"
You can find all these stories and more in her One Shot collection book: "Whirlwind"

Title of the story: "Say You Do"

Song: "Rock With You" by Seventeen

"i just want to love you

alone, i don't want to leave you
i just want you, i need you
the night is short,can't take you for granted..."

.

.

.

__

(7 January 2026)

.

.

"i'm late i'm late i'm late! omg where did i put my keys!"

she spotted the damn object on the top of her kitchen counter and exhaled a sigh. FINALLY. WE CAN GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW!

shen yue was about to run out the front door when she caught a glimpse of her reflection in the full length mirror in her foyer. she knew she shouldn't (oh so late already!) but she stopped and examined what she's wearing anyway. a chunky beige off the shoulder knitted sweater with black wool leggings and dark boots, topped with a white beanie and her grey checkered long coat. is it too casual? should she change into a knit dress instead? it's so cold out, she had wanted to be warm. but it WAS a date, after all. maybe the other party would be dressed to nines and ...

she shook her head and reprimanded herself loudly, "FORGET IT, SHEN YUE. YOU ARE LATE AS IT IS. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU ARE GONNA SEE THIS GUY AGAIN ANYWAY. YOU'RE ONLY DOING THIS AS A FAVOUR."

she ran out the door and got in her car, all the while crossing her fingers that she wouldn't be so late as to leave a bad first impression.
.
.
her manager dropped her off at the curb and shen yue walked as fast as her legs could carry to the restaurant. she checked the time and sighed in relief. good, she's probably only gonna be 15 minutes late. she slowed her steps when she saw the restaurant sign in the distance. but as she tried to catch her breath, a familiar silhouette stopped her dead in her tracks. is that? could it be? no way. they wouldn't! WOULD THEY?

the man was standing against the wall right under the restaurant sign. his baseball cap cast a shadow against his face but she would recognize that slightly crooked stance and the tilt of the head anywhere. (not to mention that sharp nose and slightly pouty lips). but still, she hadn't seen him in a few years, perhaps he had changed his habits. shaking off her ridiculous thoughts, she started walking towards the restaurant again, slower and quieter this time.