People Trying To Kill Us - What's New?

| Stiles Point of View |

Cap knocks on the door, all four of us just standing there and waiting awkwardly. Hope kept clicking with her tongue, Nat kept humming- I just- I was ready to commit murder. The blinds go up before us, as Sam Wilson looks at us. He opens the door, ignoring everyone but Steve.

"Hey, man." 

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve asks him.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat tells him, me and Hope just standing to the side and smiling. 

Hope gives him a little wave and I say, "Hi there." 

"Not everyone." Sam invites us inside, shutting the door behind us. While he unfortunately only had one spare room, he let Nat and Steve use his bathroom to shower and change clothes, me and Hope heading to his spare room. I don't plan on fully showering, I just wipe myself off with a damp clothe and change clothes, carefully bandaging up a wound I got from all the falling debris. Hope's magic can do a lot, but that doesn't stop one specific sharp rock from sliding through the force field and cutting me right in the back. Hope, on the other hand, showered and changed her clothes, before coming over and swatting my hand away so she can help me with the wound.

"Do you want me to use magic to heal this?"

"Nah. It's just a scratch. I'll be fine." Nonetheless, I feel a tingly feeling on my back, all the pain disapearing. Rolling my eyes, I turn to face Hope. "Seriously?"

"I didn't fuckin do that-"

"You did-"

"Did not-"

"Hope, I just don't heal on my own... At least that fast, as I do heal, but-"

"Well, then take that up with your body, not me." Hope stands up and moves to sit in front of me instead of behind me, sitting criss-cross applesauce. "Hey, if we make it out of this alive, i promise I'll help you start figuring out your abilities."

"Don't promise that- After this, you're going back to college."

"After this, I'm helping you. Even if I still go back to college - obviously I can't stay out of this life, so... I'll try and multi-task." I scoff, shaking my head.

"You're a bitch, you know that right?"

"Oh please, I'm a bitch you love-"

"Love is a strong word-" I remind her, ruffling up her wet hair, forgetting it was wet, and getting water all over me. "And now I smell like wet dog."

"You know what, you fucking asshole-" Hope picks up a pillow from the bed and wacks me in the head with it, both of us just breaking out into laughter. 

"I made breakfast... if supernatural creatures eat that." Sam says, peaking in through the door frame.

"Hell yeah we do!" I dash up and run into the kitchen/dinning room, and start digging into the food Sam made.

"So, the question is who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat starts to question as we all eat our breakfast, Sam joining the group - after he finishes buttering his bread.

"Pierce." We all come to the same conclusion. 

"Who, because the world wants to make it harder for us, is sitting on the most damn secure building in... the world." I add on, Hope humming in agreement.

"He can't be working alone. Not with what Zola said, him having Hydra influtrate S.H.I.E.L.D. since before he was a computer." Hope adds on.

"Zola's algorithum was on the Lemurian Star." 

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat and Steve conclude, both of them having gone on the Lemurian Star mission, unlike me and Hope, so we just go along with what they say.

"So the real question is, how do the four most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve asks us, looking around the table for any ideas. Sam finally finishes putting the butter on his toast, as he walks over to the table.

"The answer is, none of you do." Sam places a file on the table in front of Steve, but I can get a good view of it from where I'm sitting. It's Sam in a military uniform.

"What's this?"

"Call is a resume." Sam tells him. We all stare down at the file, until Nat makes a move to pick it up and look through it, Hope looking over her shoulder.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" Nat asks him.

"You didn't tell any of us he was a pararescue." Hope says, nudging Steve's shoulder a little bit. Steve takes the photo from Nat.

"Is this Riley?"

"Yeah." Sam says, confusing all of us - or at least me. Was Riley his partner? Lover?

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use? A stealth chute?" Nat inquires.

"No. These." Sam says, handing Steve the file again. Steve opens up the file and begins to read, leaving us all in suspense like an ass- nope, Stiles, don't say that, if you say that you'll start thinking of his ass and then you'll get hard- Inhale and then exhale.

"I thought you said you were a pilot."

"I never said pilot." Sam corrects Steve, a small smile coming onto his face. Yeah, that answers so many goddamn questions.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." I subtly high-five Sam, agreeing with his logic whole heartedly.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Steve looks around the room at all of the Avengers. Surpringly, Hope and Nat act like breaking into a place with three gates, all with guards, and a goddamn 12-inch steel wall would be easy- now, I wouldn't say it would be hard, but I wouldn't say it's fucking easier either... But, fine, I agree to whatever plan they make.

"Shouldn't be a problem."