Chapter 104: Paying Debts

Start from the beginning

Gu Longming, "that's why you want to make a wish?"

He had been pondering why Lin Qiushi wanted to make a wish to the sculpture. Now, it was clear that there was something Lin Qiushi wanted to prove.

"Yes," Lin Qiushi said. "By night, all the mysteries will be solved. Keep an eye on Zhou Hanshan when the time comes."

"Okay," Gu Longming nodded.

"Let's go." Lin Qiushi was done, but found Gu Longming still staring at him. He felt a bit strange. "What are you looking at me for?"

"I just think you've changed a lot," Gu Longming said. "After going into the door with me, have you gone into many more doors?"

"Not at all," Lin Qiushi said. "I only went into one low-level door with a friend...What is it?" He found Gu Longming's question odd.

"Nothing. Then you improve really fast," Gu Longming said. "Compared to last time, you're even better now." With a sigh, "maybe some people really are just naturally suited to the doors."

Lin Qiushi's eyebrow twitched up. He didn't think he'd hear this from Gu Longming as well. Though Ruan Nanzhu had said something similar to him in the past, he hadn't felt any particular way about it. He'd thought that it was purely Ruan Nanzhu's way of encouraging a newbie.

When the two returned to the room, they saw Zhou Hanshan with his face plastered to a table, looking listless.

Glancing at the time, Lin Qiushi said, "come on, we can grab some lunch."

"I'm not hungry," Zhou Hanshan said. "I don't really want to eat."

Gu Longming, "then you're not scared of being here alone?"

Zhou Hanshan thought about it, and did still seem scared. He said, "alright. A busy cafeteria's a bit more comforting."

They all had things on their minds. There was no joy to be had in eating right now. At the cafeteria Lin Qiushi spotted Zuo Sisi, and after some thought, he went over and greeted her.

"What are you up to?" Zuo Sisi asked. "Haven't seen you all morning. And I was looking for you too."

"Activity room," Lin Qiushi said. "Is something the matter?"

Zuo Sisi glanced beside them.

"Do you know who that NPC you're bringing around is?"

Lin Qiushi said, "what about him?"

Zhou Hanshan seemed to have discovered something in her investigations and came specifically to tell Lin Qiushi. She said, "His name is Zhou Hanshan...He was really close to the group of dead kids."

Lin Qiushi nodded his understanding.

"His classmates said he was dating a girl named Zhu Ruyuan." Seeing Lin Qiushi's placid attitude, Zuo Sisi lowered her voice further. "But I've looked into it. There's no fourth year named Zhu Ruyuan at all."

"Thank you," Lin Qiushi said. "That's right, Zhu Ruyuan isn't a fourth year."

"Then what year is she in?" Zuo Sisi's eyes were wide.

"She's dead." After some contemplation, Lin Qiushi still told this to Zuo Sisi.

Zuo Sisi's expression twitched. "...Are you serious?"

Lin Qiushi, "yeah."

Zuo Sisi, "then why are you so calm about it?" A thin layer of goosebumps had appeared on her arms when she heard this news.

"It isn't that. I've already been scared."

Zuo Sisi sighed: "Fine, you're still better at this. It took me so much to find that info, but you guys already knew about it...The door and key? You've got clues about that?"