" -Do you feel ready to dance Selene? "

An electrifying shiver ran down her spine. The ballerina took her hand, nervously, which Lance did not fail to notice:

"-Stressed?
-Maestro made me revise the waltz, but I must confess that I have never danced with ... " She fell silent.

He bent his head, waiting for her to finish her sentence. She shook her head, laughing at her and put her free hand on her partner's shoulder.

"-Nothing, I am indeed nervous."

Then Lance leaned gently and whispered in her ear:

" -In this case close your eyes and let yourself be carried. "

She nodded and took a deep breath. Lance took her by the waist, which considerably reduced the distance between them.

A soft melody began to play. Selene noticed the similarity with the Russian Waltzes she had already heard, she felt more comfortable.

Everything happened very quickly. Lance led the way and his partner followed him without difficulty. She let herself be carried by the Maestro while being aware of what she had to do. He spun her around and then brought her back to her. Their movements were natural and without any headaches. They were both living in a common bubble, in a daydream.

Lance did not detach only one second his glance of the young woman. He was captivated by her beauty and her movements as graceful as a majestic swan. It was the first time he was dancing with someone other than Balan and for the first time he felt as if he was one with Selene. The latter shared the same feeling.

The ballerina decided to open her eyes and face the gaze of the one who tormented her mind. It was the ecstasy for Lance who was taken by a sudden adrenaline. He delicately carried his sweetheart by the waist and she put her arms around his neck and they whirled around for two turns and resumed the steps of the Waltz. They closed their eyes and continued to dance under the rhythm of the soft but powerful music. Sometimes they laughed and sometimes they even added a few steps that did not belong to the Waltz itself.

This moment seemed to last forever for them, but they never got tired of it.

Eventually, they ended the dance and Selene found herself clinging to the Maestro's chest, while he still held her hand and hugged her around the waist. Both were out of breath and their eyes were closed. They said nothing, only their heartbeats drummed in chorus against their chest.

They slowly fell to the ground without batting an eyelash. A sweet flowery and fruity perfume floated in the air and everything was plunged in silence.

They stayed like that for a few minutes and Selene slowly raised her head to admire her Prince once more. Only a few millimeters separated their two faces. They looked into each other's eyes for a long time and then...

They slowly, almost reluctantly, pulled away from each other.

Lance stood up and helped the ballerina to do the same. He brought his index finger between her lips, a sign not to say a word.

" -Follow me."

Selene was silent and followed him without question.

The Maestro took her outside. It was still dark and both of them took care not to wake up either the Tims or the Negati.

Without much surprise, he took Selene back to the little bridge, where there was this pond and this beautiful weeping willow. However, it was the first time they went there at night and the young woman was not disappointed.

At night, the place was still beautiful, but the moon definitely made all the difference. Small orbs of light were floating everywhere among the fauna, the flora and the stars.